Rollie Acting Up

Ivy

Rollie has been acting up with Tynan lately. He has definately bonded and accepted Timber and Lincoln but is not really too keen on Tynan.
Tynan is DYING to be close and play with Rollie but he won't have any of it.
I'm assuming he's trying to find his place in the pack, but I could be wrong. He's not being aggressive, but there is some tension there.

What can I do help Rollie accept and not confront Tynan anymore? I take them out for walks together and they are fine outdoors, but once in the house Rollie gets snarky with Tynan.

Can it be a possibility that Rollie is claiming the other dogs and house as his own and not wanting to share with Tynan?

Maxy24

Does Rollie go up to Tynan and get pushy with him or does he just not want anything to do with Tynan and get upset with him each time Tynan tries to interact with him?

If it's the latter Rollie just might not want Tynan bothering him, for some reason they just don't mesh. So long as he's not going overboard when he tells Tynan to get away then it's not a big deal.

If it's the first then that's more of a problem. In what situations does this occur and what exactly does each dog do?

Ivy

Rollie gets pushy with Tynan. I make sure that Tynan leaves Rollie alone (at an appropriate space between them) until Rollie makes the decision to interact with him, hoping that would ease the tension a little. It was working pretty well until last night. Tynan was playing with Timber and Rollie went to Tynan and gave him hell. At first Tynan was trying to get away but Rollie kept pushing so Tynan snapped back. It was more noise than anything but I wasn't going to risk it escalating by letting them 'deal' with it in the dog way.

The very fist time it happened was outdoors actually and Rollie was standing over Tynan, Tynan was not showing signs of fighting back and was showing submissive body language. Maybe this time Tynan had enough of his attitude and 'argued' back.

Members online