Found a lump growing on my dogs leg...what could it be?

Says goodbye to chazhound....done with forums
Okay we were petting on Sasha and we felt a bump on her leg, right in the bend of her leg, her front left leg. So we took her into the bathroom under the light (we thought she had a tick) and we actually found a bump same color as her skin on her leg about the size of well about half the size of a tictac. I'm a little concerned. My husband thinks maybe something bit her but if it doesn't go down in the next two days he said he thinks we should take her to the vet (or if it gets bigger).

I'm a little concerned (my dads beagle has cancer and it started with small lumps and now she is terminal but she is also 14 years old and she was 10 when she got sick)

Sasha is just a year old. She is overall healthy, never been sick a day in her life and this really scares me.

Hopefully its just a bug bite but I am concerned.

Any insight on this would really be helpful. Its a bit scary:confused:

bubbatd

I wouldn't worry but would have a vet check . Mine had many bumps and lumps through the years .

bubbatd

Go with an established old Animal Hospital or Clinic !!! Not a fly by night or Petsmart !

Says goodbye to chazhound....done with forums
Go with an established old Animal Hospital or Clinic !!! Not a fly by night or Petsmart !

We had been going to an established vet clinic. They were where took my childhood pets. unfornately now they have 4 vets working there and you never know who you are going to get (and I hate that) I would never go to petsmart.....I don't care for petsmart at all anyways

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Pepper gets those. Now that i pulled a zillion ticks off of her she is nothing but hard little lumps. Victor got chiggars once that did something similar. Hope it is nothing serious with your dog. I think it probably is an insect bite.

Members online

No members online now.