Anyone have horses ???

BostonBanker

Does your screen name mean you are near Boston? What barn do you manage?
I'm north of Boston, and have a nine year old Arabian, Milestone Maximum - affectionately known as "Miles" (appropriate name for an ex- truck owner operator's horse, right?)
Nope, I'm in Vermont. Boston Banker was my first true love - a great old TB who took a million kids to the big eq finals before "retiring" to Vermont.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i dont have a horse yet...
one day though...
i want a big ole draft!either a clydes, a shire, a percheron or a gypsy vann...

mrose_s

BusterLove
I'd love an ex brumby, a little hairy mountain pony. There is another pony where I ride, his name is jet, he is halfbrother to the horse I ride. He's gets pretty jitery to ride him but omg is he pretty. Square little face, very dark bay, he still looks like a foal.

I'll have to get some pics when i can. He has the lovliest movements aswell. I think he's the next horse i get to ride once i get better (i tried once but didn't keep contacts properly and he panicked)

StaceyWebb

Boxer Crazy
I grew up with Quarter Horses - my parents raised a gorgeous mare who had several ROMs - she could do anything. I had a little bay mare that I showed both 4-H and open with, she was very versatile.

Then I left home and got my dream horses - Arabians. Rode those for several years, got to be a huge fan of the breed in general, but then our finances tanked and we sold them in order to feed our kids.

Now I ride my inlaws' Tennesee Walkers, and one, Bourbon, I'll actually be buying from them, if I can convince my MIL to sell, LOL. He's a big bay, and he will do anything in the world I ask of him. I am entered in an Extreme Cowboy Race on September 16 - 17, and plan on doing a lot of competitive trail and maybe even endurance, now that my kids are off to school and I have time to train. Here's me on Bourbon, I was roping my kids. This is the first time he had been 'roped' off of... and he stood like a rock... he's expression is priceless...

And here he is with my son and my niece, who are apparently going to try out for the circus...

Anyway, Bourbon is my boy, and now I am hooked on the Walkers. I haven't met one yet that didn't have a stellar personality and truly enjoy being worked, they really like to please their people and of course, they are smooooth! Important for us fat chicks, LOL!

Cessena

I am so jealous, all of your horses are so beautiful.

I took lessons in HS and always wanted a horse. Just recently my mom said something along the lines of "Isn't it good we didn't buy you a horse since you don't like them anymore." Obviously she's just crazy, I still want one, but I dont' have the time or the money and I am so out of shape I'd feel bad for the horse. (My dad always used to joke "Jumping? What kind of horse do they have that can get you over a fence, A Clydesdale?!" Jerk.)

BostonBanker

i want a big ole draft!either a clydes, a shire, a percheron or a gypsy vann...
Just be sure to do a lot of research before settling on a gypsy vanner. There is a whole lot of controversy surrounding the breed; my personal opinion is that they are the horse world's version of the designer dogs. I used to have a friend who imported her eventers from Ireland, and laughed hysterically about all the "gypsy vanners" in the US being sold for 10s of thousands of dollars, when in Ireland they are sold by the pound.

My favorite drafts are percherons; I've known a couple of really nice Clyde crosses, but don't like the purebreds as much.

Members online