Man Kills Friends

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
absolutely...I respect those that feel differently. Since I do not carry a weapon, nor am I physically strong, or trained in any form of combat, ...flight is the best option.

Talking about taking a life is one thing, doing it is another...I hope to never be in any such situation where taking a life is a necessity.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
I'm surprise no one finds the killing hedious & unexceptable. Killing 2 people would not bring his dog back. While I can't even immagine how upset he might have been at that point, killing his friends in revenge is a crime & he must be held accountable for his action.
I am so sick and tired of people considering animal life less than that of human life! The life force is the same in all of us, packaging is null and void.
You kill a dog, cat or human, it is murder!

G

Gatep

i can't blame him on what he did. i agree with you puppydog. killing a dog, human or other pet must consider a crime. he love his dog so much that make him do that action.

It is sad all the way around. How bad must things have been that people were desperate enough to try to eat their friend's dog. It's not like they wouldn't know how much he liked his dog. Were they starving. That said I can empathize with him...if I walked into anyone butchering Dekka I would prolly loose it too.
If they knew how much the dog ment to him, I dont think they would of left an axe laying around.

Groch

Gadget Hound
My guess is he will be found guilty as charged. In much of the world, particularly Asia, dogs are considered no differently from chickens or goats; bred to be eaten.

On family farms in the U.S., it is not uncommon to give chickens, goats and such names, and treat them much like pets, all along with the purpose in mind of butchering them. A friend of mine raises turkeys like that each year, claims it teaches the kids about farm life and where food comes from.

The "friends" certainly acted rudely, and perhaps could have been prosecuted for theft, but no more so than if they had butchered a couple of chickens.

That said, I would have probably reacted just as he did. Fortunately, Shadow is old and undoubtably stringy and tough.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I'm surprise no one finds the killing hedious & unexceptable. Killing 2 people would not bring his dog back. While I can't even immagine how upset he might have been at that point, killing his friends in revenge is a crime & he must be held accountable for his action.
Sure its a crime, and he should be punished. But I understand his reaction. I understand perfectly how coming home to find your 'friends' eating your dog (even if it is in a culture were dogs are eaten, this was evidently a pet . . . if it was a pet goat it would be just as outrageous, even if HE planned to eat it later. You don't kill other people's animals and eat them, especially if they are known to be fond of them. In any culture.) would send you into a fit of rage. A fit of murderous rage. Enough to call it manslaughter and not murder.

Saying I would do the same thing is just an honest appraisal of the sheer rage, shock and fury it would induce in me. Enough that I would do something that would likely get me put in jail . . . because I wouldn't think of that at the time . . . I'd be too **** MAD.

M&M's Mommy

Owned by 3 mutts
I am so sick and tired of people considering animal life less than that of human life! The life force is the same in all of us, packaging is null and void.
I agree. But, one should never murder to solve a murder.

Loving my 3Ms as much as I do, I accept the fact that they are animals, and if I ever have to face a heart-wrenching decision between saving their lives or a human being's life, I would have no choice but to choose a human being.

While I understand the guy's anguish & rage over these two guys action (I can't even use the word "friends" when refering to them) - it doesn't make the killing right. Sad but true, even if the guys killed his loved one instead of the pet, killing in revenge is never right.

What would I do if I come home to someone killing my 3Ms? I would scream, I would cry until I pass out, I would fight.. but I won't kill.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Sad thing to happen. I wonder too if there was other factors involved, like if he was drinking or something else that might have impaired his judgment. It doesn't say either what exactly he came home to. If I came home and my friends were just eating some meat, I'd have no clue at first, but if it was something, well, more gory then that would definitely cause some immediate negative reactions on my part. He obviously knew he'd done something terrible because he turned himself in.

I don't think I could kill a human. One, I'm not very strong. Two, I only kill something if I intend to eat it and humans are definitely off the list. It would violate my rules of not killing or eating something that can live longer than or outsmart me. Killing for the sake of vengeance, or justice, or sport, to get material gain, or whatever you want to call it is just wrong. Killing as part of the food chain is a different story. Because I eat other animals, such as chickens and deer (so do my dogs btw) I have no problem killing them.

Amstaffer

I don't think I could kill a human. One, I'm not very strong. Two, I only kill something if I intend to eat it and humans are definitely off the list. It would violate my rules of not killing or eating something that can live longer than or outsmart me. Killing for the sake of vengeance, or justice, or sport, to get material gain, or whatever you want to call it is just wrong. Killing as part of the food chain is a different story. Because I eat other animals, such as chickens and deer (so do my dogs btw) I have no problem killing them.
How about self-defense or the defense of your family?

Plus swinging an ax is not that hard.

bubbatd

I'm afraid that I'd be so overcome by blind rage I wouldn't even think of it as murder !!! Yes, human life comes first ..... but if some drunk picked up my dog and jumped into a river , I'd save my dog first !

M&M's Mommy

Owned by 3 mutts

Self defense is a totally different situation. In this case, you're forced to choose either your life or your offender's life - and the only logical & right choice is you should first and formost protect your life & the life of your loved one.

Except when it's truly a self-defense act, and there are no other alternatives, I really cannot think of any other reasons that can justify taking another human being's life.

bubbatd

Pure emotional rage !! May not be right in the eyes of the law ....but I'm sure I wouldn't have stood back and said ... " Gee , you killed and are cutting up my best friend .... let me have a smoke and a glass of wine and think about this . "

Romy

Taxiderpy

It is when you've had your back broken in three places. :p

As for self defense, if I had the choice I would run, or cripple and run. I took kickboxing for several years and have a pretty realistic idea of what my fighting capabilities are, and they are not very impressive. If someone was threatening me or my family that seriously, I'd probably go down in their defense. I would definitely fight with everything I had, just probably wouldn't be enough to do them in.

Uhh... Maybe I'm alone on this. I didn't read the whole page but...

Yeah I would be pretty upset and pissed if I walked in and someone was butchering my dog. But seriously, killing them is not going to bring the dog back and I kinda go on a human life is more important then a dogs life. Yes I would miss my dog dearly and be horribly upset and depressed, but not enough to want to KILL someone. It wouldn't be worth it. A human life greatly out ways a dogs life.

M&M's Mommy

Owned by 3 mutts
Uhh... Maybe I'm alone on this. I didn't read the whole page but...

Yeah I would be pretty upset and pissed if I walked in and someone was butchering my dog. But seriously, killing them is not going to bring the dog back and I kinda go on a human life is more important then a dogs life. Yes I would miss my dog dearly and be horribly upset and depressed, but not enough to want to KILL someone. It wouldn't be worth it. A human life greatly outweights a dogs life.
I'm with you all the way, so you're not alone. :)

Grammy said:
Pure emotional rage !! May not be right in the eyes of the law ....but I'm sure I wouldn't have stood back and said ... " Gee , you killed and are cutting up my best friend .... let me have a smoke and a glass of wine and think about this . "
Grammy, getting upset is one thing, but getting enflammed in the rage to the point where one cannot think straight is another. Isn't the ability to reason & control ourselves sets us apart from other animals?

Also, isn't is true most crimes happened because the criminals were in some kind of emotional rage and lost the ability to control his acts? Normal people in normal situations are not capable of extreme hedious acts such as killing. Or at least I hope so.

Last edited:
... I'm 13, but if I walked in on someone butchering ANY animal that was a pet, even if it wasn't mine, I'd lose it. I may not end up killing them, but they would suffer way worse than murder. Yes, they're animals, but when I had my old dog, I NEEDED her, screw my family, my DOG would come first. She was a suicide preventer.

darkchild16

We are Home.
OK at least in my case my dog has saved my life if I hadnt had him 3 years ago and if he hadnt loved me I would be dead. No doubt about that. He deserves what he gave me. And that is protection and love and total devotion. Which if I found someone killing my dog who is in all aspects of the word my soul mate then they would find them selves in teh same position as if they had tried to kill me with him around.

anna84

I was raised up to believe you always protect whats yours. I would kill in defense of my family, I would kill in revenge if someone ever hurt them. And if I had been that man I would have done the exact same thing. Lives are not equal I place my families life over anything and I place my pets life over 2 punks who would come into my house and butcher my dog. Besides Renee had it right, it's all in the wording. You don't say I killed in revenge, you say I killed because I was scared that their were 2 bloody strangers in my house

RD

Are you dead yet?
I was raised up to believe you always protect whats yours. I would kill in defense of my family, I would kill in revenge if someone ever hurt them. And if I had been that man I would have done the exact same thing. Lives are not equal I place my families life over anything and I place my pets life over 2 punks who would come into my house and butcher my dog. Besides Renee had it right, it's all in the wording. You don't say I killed in revenge, you say I killed because I was scared that their were 2 bloody strangers in my house
Agreed, Anna.

To me, it's not fair to say that a human life outweighs that of a dog. A life is a life, and if ANY life form is threatening you or your family (family includes dogs) IMO it's fair to use lethal force if it won't back off. I'd kill a dog, human, cat, cow, whatever if it was trying to take the life of me, my loved ones or my dogs - who are VERY important members of my family and mean just as much to me as children do to families who have kids. Maybe when I have kids I'll feel differently, but right now, throwing away all PC-ness, these dogs are my "kids" and I will defend them with all I have. Just the same way I would defend my parents, brothers or best friends.

My guess is that the guy didn't stop to think about the situation. Who would?

Members online

No members online now.