Grain-Free, Chicken-Free

Kathy29

Is there such a kibble available out there that's both chicken AND grain-free?

I want to put Jemma back on a grain-free diet, but she's allergic to chicken and both EVO and Orijen contains chicken. I haven't tried EVO red meat yet, but is there anything else?

Thanks!

Chewbecca

feel the magic
There's Orijen's six fresh fish and Timberwolf's Ocean Blue.

Both contain NO chicken, but both ARE fish formulas.
I use both on Ella and she's fine.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
The EVO Red Meat formula is chicken free also

and a few members also have been talking about Taste of the Wild

I believe that all their formulas are chicken free

showpug

The EVO Red Meat formula is chicken free also

and a few members also have been talking about Taste of the Wild

I believe that all their formulas are chicken free
Taste of the Wild only has one formula without chicken, it's their Pacific Stream formula and is fish based.

Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit is chicken free. It does contain chicken fat, but fat sources rarely ever trigger reaction. It's the actual protein/meat that dogs are allergic to. I think the Instinct Duck & Turkey is also chicken free?

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Taste of the Wild only has one formula without chicken, it's their Pacific Stream formula and is fish based.

Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit is chicken free. It does contain chicken fat, but fat sources rarely ever trigger reaction. It's the actual protein/meat that dogs are allergic to. I think the Instinct Duck & Turkey is also chicken free?
Whoops, I didnt read down far enough :eek: sorry...

And Evo Red Meat does have eggs in it. I know many dogs that have chicken allergies that can't have egg, either.

Kathy29

Thank you for all your responses! I'll go out and have a look around in stores to see these brands of food in person. Last I checked, my local pet food specialty store didn't have the Orijen fish formula.

:)

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
good now I have some suggestions too for Elwood for grain/chicken free foods too I have been looking for one online and haven't really been able to find any at the stores. He can't eat the EVO redmeat either because it has beef in it :(.

I would try asking your store they maybe able to order some foods. Orijen I was able to contact them and they told me when they would have the food available near me (not until spring of early summer of next year :().

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I feed Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream... it's got gobs of salmon in it, no chicken or poultry at all. Smells extremely non-fishy too, at least in my opinion. I think it's because it's mostly salmon and smoked salmon.

Instinct has a few grain and chicken free formulas, but to quote another thread... "take a shovel with you on walks if you try Instinct"... it seems pretty common for dogs fed Instinct to have frequent, large, messy poops. It's disgusting.

I really like the TOTW, and so do the dogs!

Instinct Duck and Turkey have worked WONDERS for my dogs when they have to be fed kibble. They usually have horrible gas and messy poops, but the duck formula has been awesome.

showpug

I feed Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream... it's got gobs of salmon in it, no chicken or poultry at all. Smells extremely non-fishy too, at least in my opinion. I think it's because it's mostly salmon and smoked salmon.

Instinct has a few grain and chicken free formulas, but to quote another thread... "take a shovel with you on walks if you try Instinct"... it seems pretty common for dogs fed Instinct to have frequent, large, messy poops. It's disgusting.

I really like the TOTW, and so do the dogs!
I agree! The Pacific Stream formula is not fishy smelling at all which is nice for someone like me who HATES the smell of all seafood/fish!

Members online

No members online now.