Rutland Manor

krisykris

I said there was a possibility that I would go to Australia to look at the breeding facility. I NEVER SAID I was getting a puppy from there. I just didn't. And like I stated before traveling to Australia is NO big DEAL for me because my fiancee goes all the time for work. I would also likely be going to other breeders as WELL to speak with them, ect.

I clearly can't explain myself so I'm 100% done. Think what you want about me, think I'm uneducated and support puppy mills, think thoughts that are totally untrue.

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum
I think she GETS IT ALREADY.
If she 'got it' she would have clearly stated that she either wasn't going to even consider supporting the Rutland puppymill or that she had no problems with supporting a puppymill and was proud to do so.

Although I would prefer her to never in a million years support a puppymill or even consider it, I would understand her persistance with 'checking them out' if she just didn't care whether it was a mill or not and was happy to support them.

If someone knows a place is a puppymill and knows puppymills are bad (and why) I am disgusted with the thought that they would even waste their time 'checking it out'. Especially flying more than 20hrs to another country to do so.

I'm sorry to say it, and if your breeder dr2little was reputable I claim ignorance of that particular breeder, but there aren't any reputable labradoodle breeders that I know of. Unless you count the guidedog association which I'm not sure is breeding them to any great extent anyway.

KrisyKris...I'm sorry you feel bullied, but I'm only concerned for the dogs involved in this. If you want more Australian opinions on Australian breeders of any dogs present in Australia I recommend you do a search for 'dogzonline' which is an Australian dog community and forum. It is thick with highly educated and experienced dog people who have a great knowledge of dogs, breeds and breeders from all over Australia. I know for a fact there is a labradoodle & 'Spoodle' owner on the board who is an active member. Join that site, talk to those people and actually listen to what they have to say because they are the best people to talk to if you're truely interested and considering a dog from Australia.

Cass.

If she 'got it' she would have clearly stated that she either wasn't going to even consider supporting the Rutland puppymill or that she had no problems with supporting a puppymill and was proud to do so.

Although I would prefer her to never in a million years support a puppymill or even consider it, I would understand her persistance with 'checking them out' if she just didn't care whether it was a mill or not and was happy to support them.

If someone knows a place is a puppymill and knows puppymills are bad (and why) I am disgusted with the thought that they would even waste their time 'checking it out'. Especially flying more than 20hrs to another country to do so.

I'm sorry to say it, and if your breeder dr2little was reputable I claim ignorance of that particular breeder, but there aren't any reputable labradoodle breeders that I know of. Unless you count the guidedog association which I'm not sure is breeding them to any great extent anyway.

KrisyKris...I'm sorry you feel bullied, but I'm only concerned for the dogs involved in this. If you want more Australian opinions on Australian breeders of any dogs present in Australia I recommend you do a search for 'dogzonline' which is an Australian dog community and forum. It is thick with highly educated and experienced dog people who have a great knowledge of dogs, breeds and breeders from all over Australia. I know for a fact there is a labradoodle & 'Spoodle' owner on the board who is an active member. Join that site, talk to those people and actually listen to what they have to say because they are the best people to talk to if you're truely interested and considering a dog from Australia.

Cass.
We have taken this to PM so people don't feel the need to keep hammering.

If you knew anything at all about me you'd know that I am the last person to support puppy mills....check the volunteer list on some of those poodle mix rescues.:rolleyes:

I am however fed up with how people continue to be bullied. I may not live in Australia Cass but have many friends who do, including Sophie's breeder..who incidentally was one of the main contributors to the threapy pool.

It's just a shame that the tones of replys have to become so accusitory and self righteous to the point where someone wants to leave Chaz. Assuming someone is incapable of making "the right" decision once the go all the way to Australia for goodness sakes......how does that help???
I think this thread has run its course.

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum
Assuming someone is incapable of making "the right" decision once the go all the way to Australia for goodness sakes.
I'm not assuming that I'm assuming that the breeders will use every trick in the book to gain a sale. It worries me that someone traveling all this way (and that is a big deal) will have in the back of their mind the thought that they might come home with a pup and that little thought will end up being what the charismatic breeders will use against them.

I never said you supported puppymills, just that I am willing to claim no knowledge of the breeder you bought from. Every labradoodle breeder I've come across is disreputable if you found one that isn't, that's fantastic. I'm glad there is at least someone who cares about the dogs.
I can plainly see by your posts that you have no wish to support mills. I apologise if you got that impression.

Taking this to PM is a good idea. It's simply the frustration of seeing this known puppymill still being considered after it's mill status has been confirmed time and time again that brings out so much negativity and overshadows the OP's effort in regards to looking at shelter dogs.

Cass.

What you are missing is that it clearly indicates on there web site that they over breed there dogs. Do you not agree that a company who mass produces dogs for the purpose of profit and not in the best interest of the dogs is a puppy mill? That is what they indicate they are doing on there web site, just with some sugar coating on top.
I'm quoting myself. This was never addressed by the op at all. We keep being told we are missing the point, but the point is they over breed there dogs and they say so right on there web site. Why go all the way to visit them when the answer is clear as day on there web site they are a puppy mill?

That is what I was getting at as well. Thank you.

Obviously I am wasting my time. Hardly any of my questions have been
answered and it's clear you won't answer them. I hope the thread has
been food for thought and lurkers who have read this will not support
this puppy mill.

Last edited:

doberkim

Naturally Natural
if you submitted an app to my rescue with two small puppies in the house that you just got, i wouldn't even consider you - no one responsible would give you a third puppy with two young dogs already in the house.

krisykris

Doberkim- I'm home all day w/my animals and take exceptional care of them.
Rescues like yours that count out people that COULD provide caring homes is not fair in my opinion. But, to each their own.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Actually, she does have a point there. You have two pretty young dogs already...despite being home all day, you really can't give enough attention to all of them. Heck, I start to notice a big difference when I bring in just one more dog, for a total of two, and Sawyer is about 3 years old.

Not trying to talk you out of ever getting another dog, but I would seriously put it off until your current pups are at least around 2 years old. It will make a huge difference...otherwise you stand the big risk of having a 3-fer pack that doesn't listen because the dogs all bonded with each other more than you. It happens.

doberkim

Naturally Natural
it has nothing to do with being able to care for them.

its a BAD IDEA to have multiple puppies at once - people think they can handle it all the time, and then things happen - hard to housebreak, hard to train, hard to occupy, hard to control, yadda yadda yadda.

no matter how long you are at home, the fact remains that three puppies is a BAD thing, and any breeder that would sell you a third puppy is one who is not acting responsibly. let your current dogs grow up before you bring a third puppy into the picture.

joce

I just can not beleive the place admitts they breed back to back heats and still has people even coming to look at them. Even if it was a purebreed they were breeding after reading that they would definately be off my consideration list.

If you don't want to deal with getting approved and having your yard oked and everything then go to a pound. they just adopt top the first person with thirty bucks. They are generally pretty high kill to.

krisykris

Zoom and Doberkim -- I don't plan on adding a dog to my family for at least the next 6 months minimum. Many Labradoodle breeders have year to 2 year long waiting lists, especially for the coat I'm looking for, which is why I am starting my research so early. I will be on a waiting list for quite some time.

Adding a second dog to my home actually went very smoothly for me. The only thing I've noticed in a negative fashion is that Emma has taught Bentley it's fun to chew on the woodwork, lol. That, we're still working on.

Currently I'm talking to the Cloud Catcher Labradoodle breeder in Australia and I feel very comfortable with her. All of her animals live with her, are not kenneled and are her pets. If I decide to go w/the labradoodle she will most likely be who I decide to buy from.

I do appreciate the concern from everyone, but I know myself and the amount of work I put into my dogs. I know how many hours I spend training and caring for them. I know how HAPPY I am to do that work :)

Members online

No members online now.