Because this never happens. Like ever.

GoingNowhere

Apologies for the crappy cell phone photo quality. I had to snap a photo of the moment before someone decided to get up and leave.

Boo and Misty sharing the bed :) this just made me melt. I'd never seen them so close by their own free will before.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Lol I hear you. Victor and Sancho are like that. I have been whispering Kitty lover in Victor's ear and all he does is shoot me a look.

GoingNowhere

Haha, Boo is funny. She has wanted to be best friends with the cat (or eat the cat... we're still not entirely sure of the motive of her interest) since day one. The cat, however, has avoided all of Boo's attempts to make alliance. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending upon how one looks at it), Boo has been utterly thick skulled when attempting to decode the cat's body language. Take this example:

Boo runs up to Misty... "Oh HAI!"
Misty smacks Boo across the face with a clawless paw.
Boo thinks "we're playing!" and smacks Misty right back.
Misty growls and stalks away.

Recently, though, Misty has gotten old and feeble enough that she seems to have given up her attempts to ward off the dog and is now content to stay put when Boo gets close. Even still, this was the first time I saw them taking a nap together, which was especially cute.

Misty may have figured out -- long ago -- that Boo's warm. This might just be the first time you've caught her in a compromising situation ;)

I caught mom's little dog-hater (with reason, my sister's JRT tried to kill her), Gracie, snuggled up with Kharma. The real twist to that is knowing that she actually (all 4 pounds of her) attacked Kharma once, jumping in the middle of her back and digging in. Poor Kharma came to me to get her off. True dedication to "don't eat family," lol!

Bet you find Misty snuggled with Boo more often now -- since she's been outed :D

Members online