Rocky's Leaving Tomorrow

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Monday I have to stay after school for a while to catch up since I had an ear infection and didn't go for two days... and it's an hour and a half drive there.

So tomorrow, Rocky will be leaving.

:(

I'd also like to share a poem I wrote about Rocky, may not be the best but it came straight from the heart:

The Rock in My Heart

He loved me, he licked me, and made me feel like the center of the Universe. The Rock of gold in my heart—never to be forgotten.

I will miss those times. All those times he approached me with a ball in his mouth, a playful look on his face, and a gleam in his beautiful brown eyes. Oh, how I will miss those eyes.

His beautiful body approaching me, his tail wagging vigorously, his ears down as he jumped up to greet me. The love. The love of the Rock. Oh, how I will miss the love of the Rock.

Oh how I will miss those ears. Those ears! Turning and going from up to down like mini radar guns.

The cock of his head, the tilt in his eyebrows, oh how I will miss the curiousness and learning mind of my Rock.

My baby Rock. I taught him everything. Myself. And he learned effortlessly. Like a human.

But he lacked the animosity that any human could ever hold. He lacked the grudges that any human could ever hold. He held the love and devotion that no other creature in this universe could hold.

There will never ever be none other—like the Rock. Ever. He’s one and a lonely. An individual. A Rock in my heart.

The Rock, a paw print in my heart… never ever to be forgotten. The Rock in my heart and the fossil in my mind.

“There’s a Rock in my heart”.

Saje

Island dweller
A BigDog. You're going to make me cry. :(

Let me know if you need anything.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
That's beautiful Big *sniffs* You did the right thing for your baby! He was a lucky little boy to get to grow up with you.

bubbatd

Tissue time !!! There'll be a special prayer for you both tonight. A bitter/sweet time for you both......God bless and hugs. Grammy

God Bless you and Rocky both. You're both very special and you are doing SUCH the right thing... for both of you... God Bless...

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Ohhh...why does he have to leave? I'm confused, and I'm sorry if this story has been told many a time. If someone could link me to the 'what's going on here' thread, much obliged.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Ah, man, that sucks big time! I'm so sorry that things had to work out like this, but I'm glad to hear you tried as hard as you did and are taking the right steps to give him a good home.

As they say, live and learn...and then get another dog. ;)

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I'm sorry Rocky has to leave you. I know how much you care for him, and by giving him a better chance proves it. I know you did your best for Rocky, and I know he appreciates what you have done, and will be doing for him by giving him up. I hope when you have had enough time to heal from this you will be able to find and love another dog.

Julie

I am back again.
I wish Rocky the best of Luck.....
and you too.
This is such a hard time, but knowing you are making the right decision will help you through it.
Julie.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Couldn't sleep so I'm up at 3 a.m. I just read your poem and can't stop crying. What a great tribute to Rocky. I'd print that out and put it in a frame or an album to keep with a pic of Rocky.

Y

yuckaduck

I think when you read this BigDog you should know I have been praying for you all day. You are a great person and I believe you made the best decision possible. I hope you feel better soon.

gapeach

Big Mutts
I know you are gonna miss him so much and he'll miss you too. I know when the day came I had to put Smokey to sleep it helped me to tell him what was gonna happen, why I was doing it and what I hoped for him afterwards. It gave me peace of mind ( alittle better anyway) to explain things to him.

Debi

Big...you are my sweetest friend. I send you more (((((HUGS))))). I loved your poem. Rocky will be just fine, so don't worry about that. I'm proud of you for doing the best thing, even when it is so difficult for you. I'll be thinking of you.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
*Crying* That's a wonderful tribute to the love that you both have shared!!
I wish that I could come round to your house and give you some real comfort, as I can't imagine how hard it must have been!! We'll be thinking of you!!
I wish Rocky all the luck in the world! {{{Hugs}}}

Members online

No members online now.