Some Games for an Older Dog?

StillandSilent

I have a 10 yr old beagle. We go for walks every day, some times just around the yard (we have 4 acres), sometimes to a wonderful walking trail by the river. The problem is, I'm not sure she is getting enough mental stimulation. She is a very smart dog who has mastered obedience and knows many tricks (shake, sit up, roll over, play dead Etc..). She is not interested in balls or toys and there is no place within a two hour drive that does any sort of fun dog sports. What are some games that we can play to keep her interested and learning? She is in great shape for her age, a tiny amount of arthritus when she plays to hard, but she loves to run with my other dog and cat. Everyone on this board seems to have great suggestions for things to do.

DanL

Do you ever do stuff like hide her toys and get her to find them? Those kind of games are great mental stimulation without a lot of physical exertion. Give her puzzles to figure out- hide treats under a bucket, etc. and let her figure out how to get them out.

mojozen

bullie lover
I love treat cubes. My dog and I play soccer with them inside of our apartment. It's a good way for them to "earn" a meal. :)

Members online

No members online now.