Hobbies

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
What hobbies do you do by yourself? What hobbies do you do with your friends or SO?

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Hobbies I do by myself:
Leather work, crafting... A lot of the dog and horse training I do myself.

With friends:
Making fleece tugs/slip leads with Danielle, taking dog training classes with Danielle, craft with my grandma, go on socialization trips with Danielle. Horseback riding every once in a while with friends.

With SO: Hiking/taking the dogs on adventures, dishes (are those a hobby?), and sometimes I go hunting with him. When we get our homestead going, that will be our biggest hobby together.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I do pretty much everything with Rick, too, dog stuff aside. Right now all we're really doing is card stuff (Magic and Pokemon), which I enjoy... but I'd like to pick up one more hobby.

FG167

Dogs.

Life outside of dogs is a bit of cooking, hiking, TV/movie watching, and home improvement. I do pretty much everything with Denis.
I do pretty much everything with Jason - and we work together.

I am into photography and occasionally do that on my own, when it doesn't involve dogs LOL

I also run on my own...but with a dog hehe

Locke

Well, I'm a baker by trade, but hobbies I do myself include baking, playing ultimate frisbee, some crafting (knitting, paracord/hemp stuff), and of course dog stuff!

My boyfriend is HUGE into boardgames, so we have game nights a lot.

My friends and I like cooking together, playing games and exploring the city.

adojrts

For me, all the dog stuff although my hub gives great support and more importantly no grief over it :) i.e how much I spend in time and money doing it.

I also have a horse (use to have many and also train) but only down to one now. Neither my hub or son are into horses either.

Hub and I share an interest in classic cars, he more than me. But I do love my ride.

As a family, our son has started to race stockcars in the last few years and it is looking like he wants to get a little more serious about it. I never missed one of his races and hopefully never will.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
I ride horses, but after Indie died, the fun in the sport kind of died for me. I was looking forward to taking her to her first show this summer, taking her on her first trail ride and going to clinics in the spring, including a week long one. I still take two lessons a week, but I doubt I'll lease even though my instructor really wants me to and she's already had other instructors offer up their horses. I'm going to try and find a dressage/jumping barn when I move to Ontario though.

Other than that, school takes up a lot of time, and when I'm not in school... I'm usually spending time with Cali, going to the gym or hanging out with friends. In the summer, I teach swimming lessons each morning and sometimes do lifeguarding (hoping for a full-time position this year though).

I also enjoy cooking, taking pictures and going on hikes/etc when the weather permits.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
when I chisel out time--I enjoy painting, recently have dabbled in ceramics, I crochet, knit, and sew. I also play the guitar-althought that has been quite some time since I dusted off my guitar!

Airn

I read a lot. A lot of the animal stuff I do is by myself. I'm with a volunteer group for my local shelter and while Chris initially joined me, he's slacked off now. Not really his thing.

However, we do most things together. Gaming is a HUGE part of what we do. That's how we met and it's still what we enjoy most.

I don't really have a lot of hobbies, though. Reading, animal stuff and gaming.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Me: dogs (with loving support from my SO), drawing and painting, gardening (he helps with the hard/heavy stuff), photography

With my SO: Gaming, Hiking, we spend most of our time together

With friends: cooking, gaming

LindaJD

My husband and I like to work in our yard together. I guess you could call that a hobby. We also do a lot of kyaking. I read a lot and he watches movies while I read. He has a man cave with a big tv and stereo system with all the gadgets and I have my living room that I read in front of the fire and sometimes we cuddle up there and watch a movie together. Winters are pretty boring for us, we will go snowmobiling in the mountains a few week-ends but other than that we tend to hybernate from November til April. We do dinner and drinks once a week in the winter. I am more social than him so I tend to meet with friends more than him. Once a week I go over my friend Jims house and we have dinner and wine and catch up.

milos_mommy

I like this thread a lot, it's cool to see who you have surprise similar interests with, and who has unusual hobbies!

I don't really have any set hobbies that I carve out a lot of free time for or are really invested in, but I have a lot of interests that I dabble in.

Reading - I used to belong to a book club, but we all moved away. I talk about books with my friends a lot, though.
Writing - mostly screenwriting, but other things as well
Scrapbooking, sewing - I don't do these often anymore, but I used to and would like to start again
Cooking - I cooked way more when I lived alone/near my friends. I miss it.
Community events - not sure this counts, but stuff like community fairs, public meetings, town holiday events, etc...I go to most of that stuff.
Game nights - I used to this a lot, again, my friends all moved away. Trivia nights, too.
Music - I used to see a lot of live shows, I spend a lot of time reading about different groups, etc.
Outdoor stuff - I love hiking, canoeing, swimming, etc. I play frisbee, but just with friends.
Gardening - I try to grow vegetables. It sort of works.

That's mostly it.

Saeleofu

Sewing/harness making is/has turned into a hobby. Also writing/blogging, photography, dog sports/shows, dog stuff in general. I don't generally do any hobbies WITH people, though. That's just now how I work. Hobbies are for me to be alone with my thoughts and my activities.

RBark

Got Floof?
Gardening (Vegetables and Fruits)
Anything involving construction. I like building stuff around the house or tackling various challenges.
Running
Anything physical. I love a good workout no matter what it is.
Hiking
Photography

I go through all that stuff in phases lately. Since I work 60+ hours a week I can't really commit to any hobbies in a regular basis, so I seem to go through gardening phases, then hiking, photography, running, etc etc which last a few weeks to a few months.

I also watch TV but I would go 2 episodes a day for a couple weeks then not watch anything at all for months.

I don't have any friends that spend time with me IRL so I have no hobbies there. I have business friends but that's a whole another thing. My SO and I broke up a while back so that's over with as well.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Varies. I usually have several different pet projects around, and in general just like to learn new skills and information.

I like playing with photography but I'm not really hardcore about the technical aspect of it...I just enjoy seeing what moments I can capture. Growing food is another thing I really enjoy, though getting a good start on that at the new location is not going anywhere fast. When I have the time and money, I love long hiking or canoe/portage trips but it's been way, way too long since I did anything serious on that front...mostly just day hikes now. Hoping to get some good windsurfing in this summer. Running in the woods is my church but I messed up my knee pretty badly late last summer and it's taken til now to heal fully so I am sorely out of shape at the moment.

And of course dog training. Agility is pretty my favorite thing to do, study, discuss, and play.

Anything physical. I love a good workout no matter what it is.
That could be taken many different ways...lol

RBark

Got Floof?
Shai said:
That could be taken many different ways...lol
Oh, goodness. No. I would never do such a thing. I blush at the very suggestion.

That was not what I meant and you knew that, brat!

Members online

No members online now.