Some People. RANT

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
RANT/

AUGH!!

Some dog people just make me so MAD.

I was talking to this lady who is apparently a dog person. She used to compete is SchultzHund ect ect. She was asking me what breed of dog I have I told her a westie, but as soon as I mention that I am looking into Cane Corso from a reputable breeder she than went off with why I want something so stupid, that can have unperdictable temparments, and bad hips. Also, apparently they have really loose skin that can cause infections. She started comparing the skin to a Bulldog and a shar pei.

Really have you ever seen a CC they have pretty tight skin for a mastiff. It was hard for me to keep my mouth shut since I was at work. I don't even think she has met one before.

Oh and then she goes to tell me I should get a GSD instead, I am sorry but I dont want a GSD.

AUGH!!

/END RANT

Lizmo

Water Junkie
"Ma'am, thanks, but a GSD doesn't fit what I'm looking for"...walk away...

Yeah, really, wow. Now you see why I'm quiet about most everything when it comes to my dogs IRL unless I know the person. lol

Doberluv

That is SOOOO obnoxious. It's really hard to know how much, if any, to get into it with people like that. I suppose it's useless when they're that ignorant. Very frustrating though. Maybe you could say something like, "Oh," *as if you're surprised she hasn't figured it out"......"I'm VERY (really lean into it) familiar with the breed and they're WONDERFUL." LOL.

I agree with Liz, this is why i hardly ever talk about dogs outside my "circle'
Just today i was talking to my aunt, she asked me what i was doing in a few weeks. I then told her a rally-o trial, which led to talking about dogs. which led to her telling me I should breed my 2 and make money. i said no Im not intrested. she then went on to say how her neighboor has over 50 dogs of various breeds they breed. i said that was gross and a puppy mill situation. but she says they were all purebred lol.

Try telling people you want a toy poodle. the looks i get are somthing like i said I want a octopus as a pet "why would you want that breed? they are nasty' is what I get told

Doberluv

Wow Tankstar! It is really best to avoid conversations with those who you don't hand pick for the conversing, isn't it. My goodness! I don't know what I'd say in some situations.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Yah it was hard, I usually stay quiet unless I really know the person too, but she is a client of ours and one of the physio's told her I was really into dogs so she was the one to started the convo. AUGH some peoples children.

And it was sad to because she seemed really to know her dogs stuff until she said that. Augh some people are so rude and I was greatly offended by that.

But I did tell her there was no way I was interested in a GSD. Sorry, but not the dog for me.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
In her defense, there are a lot of really poorly put together CC's out there. I used to petsit for a pair that were grossly out of standard size-wise and had horrid joints. The male ended up dying of a brain tumor at the age of 6 years and the female was going to need a second knee surgery before too long.

Keep in mind as well, not a lot of people understand guardian breeds and think they all have sketchy temperaments.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Try telling people you want a toy poodle. the looks i get are somthing like i said I want a octopus as a pet "why would you want that breed? they are nasty' is what I get told
I get that when I tell them what breeds I have, as all they apparently do is be carted around in a purse, pee everywhere, and are quite dumb.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
In her defense, there are a lot of really poorly put together CC's out there. I used to petsit for a pair that were grossly out of standard size-wise and had horrid joints. The male ended up dying of a brain tumor at the age of 6 years and the female was going to need a second knee surgery before too long.

Keep in mind as well, not a lot of people understand guardian breeds and think they all have sketchy temperaments.

Yes, I took that into consideration, but the thing is I told her before hand that I was doing my research. Will be buying from a working/show breeder. That her dogs prove that they are to the standard that health test and puts their time into developing a sound a healthy dog.

After that she went off on how stupid they are ECT ECT.

So I dont give her the benefit of doubt.

mrose_s

BusterLove
That would annoy me, especially from someone that should know better. (If you are even aware of Schutzhund you would think you'd kinda have a clue)

I get a lot of "why do you train her so much, all she needs is sit, down, stay" okay, I'll teach her those and then YOU can deal with the aftermath she leaves behind in her wake when she gets bored.
Thankfully most of my friends just think I'm a lost cause and let me indulge in it, they know I'll hang out with them AFTER my dog stuff.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Bleh, people in general just tick me off. :rofl1: I'm sorry you had to go through someone being so rude, I know how you feel. Every time I tell people we got a puppy, of course they ask what kind, and when I tell them it's a husky, it's either "Such beautiful dogs!" or "Oh, those demon dogs?" or "Aren't those the ones with the wild eyes?" or "You're in for it, those dogs are crazy!" or "Aren't those mean?" :rolleyes:

MPP

petperson
I told my sister-in-law that I was annoyed with my dogs because they wrecked the vertical blinds on the front window. She told me I should keep them in the garage. :yikes:

Romy

Taxiderpy
Maybe that lady was picturing neos or something when you said cane corso? That's the only way I can picture one with loose skin. Even the out of standard ones have tight lips and skin. They're both italian mastiffs anyway. Weirdo.

I'm surprised someone involved in Sch or PP would think they are so crappy anyway. Maybe it's just regional, but around here after GSDs and mals, corsos are one of the most common breeds in the clubs. :confused:

One thing I've noticed over and over, people who want a push button obedient dog that follows every command without question tend to think independent dogs are either "stupid" or "stubborn". No, they just need you to prove that you're not an idiot first. What intelligent creature is going to blindly follow the instructions of some random biped, just because it says so? Personally I prefer the independent dogs. I find it much more rewarding to earn that respect and trust.

Members online