What do you expect from your dog?

C

cindr

Yes I noticed that post as well. Although as you noticed I did not confirm the statement. Thus I can state full well that I have not meet Chickenlittle at any time. I can now see where the confusion is. Due to a few posts that I had written. Yes in a third party. Hum I am glad you directed my attention to that.

Now I understand why there was so much drama. I will take the responsibility for that mistake. I do appoligise to all of you. Now as far as the other stuff such as back yard breedings and pup mills would never happen here. I help people with their issues and to be honest with you some one has too. So again I do take this time to appoligise for some of the earlier posts.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Okay;

1) I have never made excusses at any time on this forum. No need too!
2) Where have I stated that I am some one I am not? Or lied about my breeding practises? We have 3 dogs and they are all registered. We have only bred our female Gsd and she is 27 months old. Her sister Joy has come in and out of season 3 times and will not be bred. Not our purpose. We bring in dogs for our training program thus no matter the breed the dogs are trained. They are then donated to either a Special Needs person or a Police Service in need. Thus I have no need to make up stories there at anytime. Where as I can prove them with out a doubt.
3) I have NOTHING TO HIDE! NOW OR EVER!
4) I am NOT HEATHER AUGER and have helped her out by assisting her with proper breeding and training guidence. Where as she has now cleaned up her facility! Why? Most definetly not by attacking her and her best interests but restructuring her thoughts and beliefs with kindness. Nothing else
5) I have trained dogs and received these titles; 1) Stolhuska Jake Cd title High score Ob. 90 % of my dogs go to Policing Services and not any where else.
6) Received Canadian Champion titles on my male Adam
I have not attempted a OTCH and do not need too as my dogs are trained spacifically for other areas. I therefore hope that this is worthy of your approval!:hail:
The OTCH comment was sarcasm, btw. ;)

I apologize if my post had an accusatory tone. I don't mean to give you the third degree - I just wanted to clear things up.

By speaking of yourself in the third person, it gives people the impression that you are NOT that person. It wasn't a lie, it was just sneaky. If you have nothing to hide, why not come right out and say who you are? Rather than waiting until OTCH called you out?

90% of all your litters go to train as police dogs? I find that difficult to believe. I spoke at length with a police officer in charge of the K9 unit here in Gilbert, and they have a grand total of three dogs. All are Malinois imported from Holland. Maybe it's different where you live, but here they only have a few, impeccably bred and carefully trained individuals.

I'm having a hard time following you and some of your stories really don't add up. Just reminds me too much of Heather . . . Sorry cindr.

C

cindr

The OTCH comment was sarcasm, btw. ;)

I apologize if my post had an accusatory tone. I don't mean to give you the third degree - I just wanted to clear things up.

By speaking of yourself in the third person, it gives people the impression that you are NOT that person. It wasn't a lie, it was just sneaky. If you have nothing to hide, why not come right out and say who you are? Rather than waiting until OTCH called you out?

90% of all your litters go to train as police dogs? I find that difficult to believe. I spoke at length with a police officer in charge of the K9 unit here in Gilbert, and they have a grand total of three dogs. All are Malinois imported from Holland. Maybe it's different where you live, but here they only have a few, impeccably bred and carefully trained individuals.

I'm having a hard time following you and some of your stories really don't add up. Just reminds me too much of Heather . . . Sorry cindr.
Hi I will give you the right to say that! But one thing I will state is this about the Police Service Dogs. You spoke to one Police Officer, and there are only three dogs. Now do some grafic's how many Police Services are there in Canada and the USA that use k-9 Dogs? Not all of them have the money to purchase an import and if they have the opportunity to locate one or more in the area they are happy. Especially if they are donated!

Not to many people do that I can assure you. So again I will state that I did pull a fast one and that was wrong. I appoligised for it and now again shall move on. There is no reason to appoligise you had to do what you felt you should. No worries I am over it:p :eek: :cool:

RD

Are you dead yet?
Oh, I absolutely understand that it's not just one that you donate/sell dogs to. I admit I know very little about police work, but doesn't it take a very special individual to "cut it" as a police service dog? If 90% of all litters originally go to train as police dogs, how many actually have the right stuff for that kind of work? Do you sell dogs as puppies or adolescent/adults? I'm not picking at what you do, just interested in learning more.

C

cindr

Oh, I absolutely understand that it's not just one that you donate/sell dogs to. I admit I know very little about police work, but doesn't it take a very special individual to "cut it" as a police service dog? If 90% of all litters originally go to train as police dogs, how many actually have the right stuff for that kind of work? Do you sell dogs as puppies or adolescent/adults? I'm not picking at what you do, just interested in learning more.
Hey not a problem: What I do is this;

1) First off I breed two exceptional high drive dogs. Not the extreme aggresive dogs. But dogs that have so much energy that does not know when to quit. The dogs must have everything evaluated hips eyes shoulders, and elbows.
2) Must have high prey and defense drive, but at a level that is workable.
3) Both dog must show full confidence as an individual and not an over bearing dog at all.
4) At times we may take a soft dog and breed it to one of the above to secure a solid temp. So by that we bring in best of both worlds.
5) Pups are born and assessed right away. Sure you can not see alot at that time. But you learn to see which one is quick to the draw. If you know what I mean.
6) Pups at 5 weeks we take the time to see who runs or who comes right away. Well all of mine come right away.
7) At eight weeks we have chosen who stays and who goes. who is pet quality and who is either for show and or sch.
8) We now sell these individuals off that are the pet quality, and yes on a alter program.
9) At 9 weeks we work on the pups that show us these areas. Have total security and go off on their own. Pick up toys plastic bottles keys anything in front of them.
10) Food is generally put into a bowl other than when we want them to work and or look for the food. This is where we put together a sent pad 2 feet x 2 feet. We then have someone hold the dog and build him up. You want that you want that? Well then we throw the hot dogs in the sent pad and let the dog go. Just watch and see the little stinker. This teachs the dog to pick up both human sents and food sents. Eventually the food is gone. We do the same in buildings.
11) We take the young pup into a building no latter than 10 weeks old. Again to build up confidence. We get the ball crazed dog to chase every thing. Balls bottles everything. Then we have sent traps in the corners. Now I do not mean Mouse traps but sent traps. Which is both human and the chicken hot dogs. Now the dog is instructed to search with assistance assured. Off he goes. Now again this works as a reward there for finding the sent and the food.
12) all of the above is done off leash, why? to secure the dogs confidence to want to work. Remember pup is now 3 months old.
When we have these areas done and it is always a game. we generally do not have any problems going further with them. So by 4 months old and all shots taken care of the pup gets a leash and a colar. Leather colar. We take them into the puplic areas. Tim hortons stores any where. Then off we go till the dog is 18 months old.
13) All dogs we keep back are prilimbed at 6 months old. Why? Well if the dog were to have either areas name above recognised as hip displactic it would be shown at that time. Therefore if the dog does show either, the dog is then altered and placed. No sense in putting the dog through something that he/she can't handle or do.
14) Agility is done when the vet gives the okay. we will again have the dogs x-rays done to watch the growth plates so that we at no time have injured the dog or that its growth is off. We always take our dogs off puppy food at 5 months old. you can over protein as well as under protien and these guys do well on adult food.
15) Protection work is not allowed on our facility. Why? Well the Police Services prefer to train that area them selves so that we leave alone. We do bring out the tug and do work on the holds and barks. As well as get them to hold the tug with confidence just to get them going. But that is it.

When I started this the O.P.P can you beleive this, paid $64.976 dollars per dog and handler to be trained. That did not include the purchase of the dogs. They generaly train 10 Officers per course x 2 so I will let you figure that one out.

In 1994 the Detroit Police K-9 Services purchased 5 Sch 1 dogs from Holland. They paid $5000.00 Usfds per dog. These dogs worked wonders on the field. But hit the dirt or folded in the buildings. These dogs just could not do the job. So this training is so very much more intence than most training. The DOG MUST HAVE THE HEART THE DRIVE THE WANT TO. He/she needs the foundation in the breeding end. But needs the foundation from the trainer first and for most. So yeah it is a load of money and work but well worth it in the end.

C

cindr

We get most of our funding from after hours dog training and grooming. We only breed once per yr. If the Police Services are in need of a dog and we do not have any avail We look for one or two. Saves them a lot of hassle. People expect to much money for the dogs when it comes to Police Officer's and Services. We usually end up with 4 to 6 pups that we keep back in the litter that will go to the Police. So if a litter of 10, 4 sold and the rest kept

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Wow I was ready to reply and see how far off topic this thread has gotten.
Keep the gloves up folks;)

C

cindr

Wow I was ready to reply and see how far off topic this thread has gotten.
Keep the gloves up folks;)
Thanx; I beleive we all have settled accounts and can move on to much better things, but most important to get along.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Thanks for the explanation.

Okay, I'll back out and let the thread get back on topic. :)

Members online

No members online now.