Am I weird, or does everyone do this?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I find myself staring at Freddie because he's just soooooooooooo handsome. It might not come across well in my pics, but he's a very handsome dog. And I just constantly admire him and feel proud of him! Yesterday was the first day I looked at him and thought he's starting to look a bit more put together (he's 7 months now), and I noticed people admiring him from afar, and some people even stopped us to ask about him. I mean, I love Bodhi and think she's gorgeous, and well built, but he has that debonaire handsome factor going on! Although I do find myself being more critical too, and looking at him wanting total perfection lol I can't wait to see how he'll look mature. But I also love his puppy fat :D

I can't be the only saddo that seriously appreciates how dogs look? I stop and turn when I see nice dogs.... I suppose it's not that different from petrol heads admiring nice cars... Is it???

Pops2

Nope, I do it too. Sonic is quite unprepossessing. But when he is going full throttle trying to catch a fox or hare, I am struck by the sheer beauty of the run.
I also do the dog spotting thing. Several times while driving I've commented something like "nice bulldog, I'd like to put him on a hog." To which my DW has several times replied something like " yeah, the girl is pretty hot too." Sadly I really didn't notice the girl.

k9krazee

Naw, sometimes I find myself staring at Crossbone and thinking that he's the cutest pup in the world.....until he sees that I'm paying attention to him or awake, and then I get pounced on. So I try not to do it that often :p And I love watching him sleep....because it doesn't happen often!!!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Almost every time I start admiring my dogs, they do something stupid or clumsy. lol

I think they're gorgeous little dogs but I am also biased.

DJEtzel

We're all biased, I do it as well.

But I also do it to other dogs on the street; I can tell when a dog came from a good breeder and is well put-together and I love the way a solid dog looks.

I tell Marsh he's beautiful all the time. That's the word everyone uses when they meet him, too. He is a beautiful dog.

Gatsby is cute, Gatsby has woo, but Marsh is beautiful.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
I always do, I'm completely and totally biased, but I think Cali is probably one of the most adorable dogs around. She has such a feminine and refined face, and sometimes it's hard to capture her exact expression on camera because her nose always looks different than it is in person, etc. She almost looks like a perma puppy.

Moses isn't the most handsome or cute dog in the world, but just his personality and demeanor, and sad spaniel eyes are adorable. It always makes me smile when I get home and he jumps in circles and wiggles his butt in excitement.

I also admire other dogs as well, although the dogs around here aren't too cute... nor do I see any regularly, aside from a boxer and husky kept outside in a kennel. It's sad to see such high energy dogs cooped up all day, jumping up the fence as we walk by.

Toller_08

I do it with Ripley and Journey all the time. They both are just very nice to look at. Neither are perfect obviously, but all in all, I think they're beautiful and probably the nicest put together dogs we've had. And I admire parts of Keira... as weird as that sounds. All together she's not the most perfect looking Doberman, but some of her features are quite nice IMO. And Dance I mostly just look at how cute she is, unless she's just been groomed, because then I think she's beautiful and can't stop looking at her. And cuddling her. Same with Journey. Nothing like a well tidied, fluffed up fuzzy dog to me!

When I see a really nicely put together dog out in public though I also can't help but stop and admire it. And sometimes some are so nice that I think to myself that if I lived with that dog, I'd probably just look at it all day every day haha.

I do it all the time. I think I annoy my friends and family because of how often I say "look at how pretty Avril is." "Look at her" "she's so perfect." :p

Yesterday I was at the park and Adele was off leash and I was with some dog show friends. Adele stopped and was standing perfectly free stacked so we were all oohing and awwing over how pretty she looked, she looked over at us, squatted and peed. :rolleyes:

Torch

Roy gets sick of me complimenting Henry all the time lol.

"Look honey, look how cute he's being!!! Isn't he just the sweetest, most handsome boy ever?!?!?!"

Henry tends to get complimented a lot when we are out and about, and I usually just stand there with a big sappy grin on my face.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I am so guilty of that...

I love watching my two. <3 Menchi gets to hear how pretty she is everyday. Watson is Mr Handsome :D

Lyzelle

Roy gets sick of me complimenting Henry all the time lol.

"Look honey, look how cute he's being!!! Isn't he just the sweetest, most handsome boy ever?!?!?!"

Henry tends to get complimented a lot when we are out and about, and I usually just stand there with a big sappy grin on my face.
Yep, this. I'm pretty sure Jin thinks I'm just weird or crazy sometimes.

tzigane

I absolutely do this, all the time. :)

ETA: I also find myself staring at his bum when he's at the door on guard dog mode, because he just has a nicely built hindquarter. I feel weird, but it *is* a well put together hind end! Plus, he wags his tail and holds himself in a funny way when he's barking at the door, and it's absolutely adorable.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I frequently admire Quinn lol, and people will often stop me and ask about her. I do the same... I have no problems approaching someone to ask about and/or compliment their dog LOL

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I do it with Ripley and Journey all the time. They both are just very nice to look at. Neither are perfect obviously, but all in all, I think they're beautiful and probably the nicest put together dogs we've had. And I admire parts of Keira... as weird as that sounds. All together she's not the most perfect looking Doberman, but some of her features are quite nice IMO. And Dance I mostly just look at how cute she is, unless she's just been groomed, because then I think she's beautiful and can't stop looking at her. And cuddling her. Same with Journey. Nothing like a well tidied, fluffed up fuzzy dog to me!

When I see a really nicely put together dog out in public though I also can't help but stop and admire it. And sometimes some are so nice that I think to myself that if I lived with that dog, I'd probably just look at it all day every day haha.
I would not get much done if i lived with Kira & Ripley LMBO. :D I love dobermans & often look up dobie breeders just to see pretty pics :D

I always looked at Izze because she was georgous IMO LOL, Josefina & Buddy are cute to me.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I do love looking at all sorts of dogs, so definitely. There was an adorable mostly black pittie mix that must have been six months old or so, in Petco today. I was like *swoon*.

It's really funny, I joke that I have a 'border collie radar' I can spot them from a ridiculous distance, even if they aren't traditionally marked. My sister will be like 'Oh, look (me), here comes a BC!' and I'll be like 'Oh yeah, I saw it five minutes ago'. :rofl1:

Members online