Another dock diving first!

DJEtzel

Recon took his first leap off the dock on his own after a tennis ball today, I'm so happy! He just learned to swim about a week and a half ago and went off the dock a few times on accident by following Frag, but jumped all on his own three or four times today for me AND for Brian; we have another ball junkie on our hands! XD

DSC_2387 by DJetzel, on Flickr

First jump was a little early by DJetzel, on Flickr

Second jump was just right by DJetzel, on Flickr

Mid Air! by DJetzel, on Flickr

Ball Junkie by DJetzel, on Flickr

Did I do good? by DJetzel, on Flickr

He also gets ridiculously loud and nutty on the dock; it's so cute! :D We're going to a "Petapalooza" next month to jump UAD and meet some of his relatives. I'm pretty excited to have two regular jumpers now! Sir Just needs a little more practice.

JacksonsMom

Woohoo! Go Recon! That is AWESOME.

Lovin' all these dock diving threads, as I think it's going to be my newest obsession. :p

Recon is so handsome.

DJEtzel

Thanks! I'm so glad you and more people are getting into dock diving. I love the people and I love the pictures!

chaospony

That's great! Recon looks like he's having a blast!
I love the picture where you are picking up the chuckit ball. Don't blink or you'll miss it Recon!

I love seeing all the dock diving pics, I was just lamenting the other day how sad I was that none of mine would be remotely interested in dock diving.
Might be a criteria for nextdog!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Love these photos! He looks great!!!!

Definitely going to be my newest obsession if I can Cricket to actually go off. She loves to swim, but she is a little nervous.

DJEtzel

Thanks guys! Drowned rat or gremlin are definitely the terms we use to describe him when wet; it is TOO funny. Especially because he's so serious about it all... :rolleyes:

Hope you can get Cricket to go off soon Skittledoo! I know someone else mentioned it (jackson'smom I think..?) and I will admit that all of my dogs went off the first or second time with a little nudge. ;) I know mine are all stable and can handle it though and just need the experience of WHAT TO DO. So I don't know what type of nervous she is about it, but it may be worth a shot if you know she will recover. I nudged Recon yesterday once and then he was flying off on his own! He actually did the first time coming for me because my boyfriend was on the dock with him and I was waving around a tennis ball on the shore. XD

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I'm glad he's enjoying himself and decided jumping is fun.

I thought he was on rest, recuperating from his on again/off again injury, though? Did I miss something?

DJEtzel

Cute pictures!

Did you figure out what was causing him so much discomfort before?
Still no idea. We did crate rest per the vet for about 16 days with anti inflammatories, then started slowly building back up exercise. Started with some swimming, still doing a lot of swimming, and we're doing exercise one day, then one or two days of crating, then exercise. Next step (next week) will be just a little bit of exercise every day (15 minutes of swimming or so) and then we will resume as usual. We're taking a session of agility off and will just do a little practice on our own with the teeter I think.

He's shown no signs of pain and since the appointment has had and kept full range of motion. I'm assuming the soft tissue injury that we think it was happened jumping out of my new car which sits up a lot higher than Brian's car that he was used to, and he didn't show any pain because he's got a very high tolerance, then the prolonged activity just got to him where he'd limp a few times. Since the incident I haven't let him jump out of the car but hadn't even thought about it prior because it wasn't high enough to make me notice. :/

DJEtzel

Oops Shai; we posted at the same time! He's been slowly building up exercise for the last week or two (I can't remember the dates off the top of my head) per the vet. Most is swimming, so we've been spending a ton of time at the park just retrieving balls from the water and trying to jump off the dock.

Members online

No members online now.