What do you think?

Snark

Mutts to you
I'm trading a portrait for a computer/internet-saavy friend to set up a website of my art... It will mostly be for my pastels, but I thought I'd throw in some graphite work, too. I'll have the drawings of Ethan, Brighton (the cat) and the one of Patch as samples of my work. Should I include these? (Found them tucked in the back of the closet. The horses aren't bad, but the people aren't that good.) What do you think?

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
IMHO, I think you should go with the second pic and leave the first one out. The person just looks..."off" in the first pic and I think it might degrade the look of your other drawings, but I am by no means even close to an expert on this stuff :p lol I love both of them though! They are fantastic!! :)

Doberluv

I think they're excellent. My goodness! What talent! From my long time association with horses, I would say that in the first picture, his hind quarters look just a tad too large. But over-all, very, very nice work.

Vivien

WOW! Your amazing! The horses in both the pictures are just amazing but I also agree with babyblue and doberluver. I personally think that you should use the second picture and leave the 1st out:) great job!- i wish I could draw like that

Snark

Mutts to you
Thanks! I was thinking the first looked a little funky so it'll just go back to hiding in the closet... Lol!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I like both, but about the people, the first one is as said "off" but i know nothing about drawing, but your horses are really good, and trust me i would know, I have 13 horses!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Your second one is just fine, the first one i question the line of the back on the human, but that is the only thing that stood out. and maybe it is just me.

Seems that if the shirt billowed out just a bit to look like maybe the wind filled it that would correct the spine, just a corner to break the rounded line. If i place my thumb over and subtract just a hairs breath the whole drawing works perfectly. Or your could add a shadow along that curve line that stops abruptly in the middle. Anyway i always found i could add but not subtract when it comes to pencil. Hope i haven' spoken out of place.

Last edited:

Snark

Mutts to you
Not at all, Smkie! People are not my forté, obviously. In the first drawing, the rider is wearing one of protective vests, so her shirt is hidden beneath it. Maybe if I alter the edge of the vest, or better yet, the start of her breeches so the vest appears to be off her back rather than having that unbroken line from shoulders to hips... I think I made her feet too small, too... Oh well... keep practicing...

I also agree with Doverluv, the horse's hindquarters are a tad too large - but maybe I can explain that away (he's got a really large 'motor'. Lol!)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I think the piece is perfectly saveable and deserves more then to be shut away again. I didn't notice anything but that smooth curved line that stood out, so i hope you can fix it. I am glad i didn't stick my words out where they didn't belong. I hesitate to ever say anything to someone as advanced as you are.

Snark

Mutts to you
I never mind constructive criticism and it always helps to try to see the drawing from another artist's point of view. I do need to practice drawing people (even though I prefer drawing the furry people more. Lol!)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I love them both :D I agree with smkie- there is something that is "off" with the first person's back... the line is too straight. Other than that it is great :D

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Holy Cow! I don't even know what to say here. Your work is VERY impressive! I'm close to speechless here and if you knew me, you would know how rare that is.

Members online

No members online now.