Passing Gas... My dog that is =)

Khristine

My little 5 month old Ginger (a yorkie) recently has been passing gas and it's a stinker. :D

i did change her diet about 2 weeks ago, went from Innova to Artemis Osopure and actually is doing really well on the Artemis. I like the Artemis for them because with the Innova they didn't eat it no matter what i did, it was to big for her, so i changed it to Artemis because they were very tiny and Ginger and Oreo loved it.

but her gas is amazingly gross lol. she's not in any pain or anything. could it be the diet that was recently changed? would any home remedy help with the gross gas? lol any advice would be appreciated.

Khristine

lol.. its one of those sbd farts..

Silent But Deadly :eek: :D

any type of yogurt? like yoplait? that what you mean?

Mordy

Quigleyfied
have you been feeding regular innova, or innova evo?

as for the yogurt recommendation - you need a brand with live cultures, for example stonyfield farm, horizon organic or brown cow. trader joe's store brand ("french village") is also excellent if you shop there.

the live cultures (probiotics, "friendly bacteria") are what helps with digestion and gas. yogurt only has relatively small amounts of these probiotics, so in some cases it doesn't help much and you need to buy a good probiotic supplement.

My question too, Mordy. The EVO is one of the smallest kibbles I've ever seen! Even Shiva is fart-free (you wanna talk about silent but nuclear, lol?) since we've gone from the regular Innova to the EVO - even when she's been foraging in who-knows-what :rolleyes:

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm feeding Kona the Artemis large breed puppy food until Innova comes out with their large breed puppy food I think next week. Kona has gases once in awhile but not that often. Max & CJ are on Eagle Pak holistic and I can say they don't have gases on that food.

Saje

Island dweller
Mikey is a stink bomb. SBD as well. The other two aren't so bad. I feed them raw as much as possible. Eagle Pack when I can get it and crap when I can't. :( Hopefully the raw thing will work out soon. I can't afford all raw right now.

Khristine

i was feeding them regular innova because they didn't have the EVO at any of my local pet stores.

maybe it's her anal glands that are full too? because i think they are about due to get them expressed soon.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
it might be possible that your dog has trouble with the formulation of the artemis. i'd try the evo, which is also grain free. :)

Saje

Island dweller
Hey Mordy. You can buy acidophilus supplements can't you? Instead of the yogurt. :confused: deja vu. I think I asked you that before.

showpug

Yes

:eek: Your dog may be gassy because of the diet change. Did you take time to slowly switch her from her old diet to her new one, or did you switch her all at once? Gass can also be a sign of intestinal parasites (worms.) You may want to take a fecal sample to your vet to make sure she is free and clear :)

Members online

No members online now.