Interview with a puppy miller

PFC1

The interview is obviously a fake.

None the less, the fake puppy miller is merely stating overtly what actual puppymillers implicitly condone by their actions.

L

LabBreeder

Fake or not it still gets the point out that puppy mills are bad and they don't care about the dogs at all.

L

LabBreeder

Ok. I just wanted to make sure that if I ever get a pet from PetsMart that it wasn't a bad thing. I used to work there and they treat their animals very well. I got to change bedding, feed, water, give meds, change tanks, etc. It was very fulfilling and I wish we had never moved cause I would probably still be working there; low pay and all! :)

Whenever the dogs and cats were brought in they were fed, watered and walked (or litter pans cleaned). You could pet them and keep them out a little longer if you wanted to as well. I know you had the application, in home visit, all kinds of questions about your life/family/home and they got spayed/neutered before they went anywhere. I thought it was a legit thing, but just wanted to make sure. :)

Thanks everyone. BTW, I used to carry a mouse around in my pocket when I worked there. I was "letting him/her see the world!" Mice and rats are very sweet creatures. ;)

Mordy

Quigleyfied
The puppy mill trade is a sad, sad industry.

Now imagine that those "professional breeders" (snort) often operate on a scale of having hundreds of breeding dogs. There are Amish breeders in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, who have over a thousand dogs in filthy barns and sell thousands of puppies every single year.

Herschel

Yeah...definitely a fake.

I have a question about one of the "statements" that our man Hugh made. He said that he doesn't consider dogs to be different than sheep and cows.

Why are dogs different than sheep? cows? chickens? Many of us support the mass "breeding" and killing of these animals constantly without hesitation, but for some reason we're disgusted by the breeding of dogs? Why are dogs so much different?

As far as livestock not being social--have you ever driven past a farm that has pasture grazing animals? They're most definitely social. In terms of intelligent, birds are incredibly intelligent! I'm lost on this one--where is the difference?

Pittie

We are all born innocent.
It's a fake, sure, but it's a darned realistic one. It's hard to imagine that there are actually people out there who think "I bet dogs in the wild live in messy dens." It's common knowledge that dogs will not normally use their sleeping quarters as a bathroom spot. Like most pet dogs, wolves, dingos, African wild dogs, etc. have a 'potty spot', and it is not their dens. Puppy mill dogs only use their pens as bathrooms because they have no other choice. It's sometimes so cramped there's really no difference between bathroom and bed.

I don't understand how a person could be so stupid.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Sooo fake. Why would a puppy miller expose himself and educate the public about his cruel business?
I think it's good and so important to educate the public about puppy mills, as many people simply don't know about it...but I think writing an article would be better than losing credentials by writing a fake interview.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
I don't think the point of the whole thing is whether the interview is fake or not (obviously it is), but to give readers the perspective of how puppy millers operate - and from their standpoint the whole thing is accurate.

No matter if it's sheep, cows, chickens or dogs that are raised for a profit, the profit margin and highest possible cost effective operations are the main interest.

Members online

No members online now.