Blue Buffalo Dog food input

I have two Cocker Spaniels and want them to eat as healthy as possible. I would like to here some opions on Blue Buffalo dog food. According to the internet it is the best there is. Please help.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Yay more cocker people :)

Blue is 'better' than many average foods, it's not what I'd consider the best there is.. The wilderness one looks good. Their standard line is more grains and other filler carbs than meat. Their fish and potato should be rice and some fish..

Everyone has their opinions on what is better but most people tend to agree on which manufacturers have better products. What sort of feed stores do you have to choose from to buy food at?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Honestly, Blue Buffalo is DRASTICALLY over-priced for the quality. It's good quality, but you could buy a premium grain-free kibble for the same price. If Blue Buffalo is actually the best kibble available in your area, it's still a good food.

I would check to see if tractor supply carries Natura products (Innova, Evo, California Natural, etc), Taste of the Wild, Orijen, or other premium grain-free/low-grain kibbles.

I have been hearing a lot of talk about Innova done a little research and found it right close to my home town. I am heading there right now to pick some up.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
That would be an awesome choice.

Being Canadian I had no idea what tractor supply carries, lol. Many top brands do have store locators on their web sites if you need to make a switch ever again.

Blue Buffalo is great dog food. I wouldn't worry about it if your dog is tolerating it well. One of ours didn't so we keep ours on a less rich but healthy brand. If you are happy with it, keep her on it. PetSmart has a brand that is called Authority oven baked and it is excellent food for content. So is Nature's Recipe, Royal Canine and Nutro's ULTRA brand of dog food.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Wow... Innova is a HUGE upgrade from Beneful! I'm sure you will see fantastic results in no time at all. : ) I would suggest adding some pumpkin and/or plain yogurt to their kibble for a while to help their tummies, because it's a pretty drastic change.

Authority, Royal Canin, Nutro, excellent? I would say mediocre and very over-priced, for the content. Agree to disagree.

ACooper

Blue Buffalo is ok. We tried it a few years back. Ingredient wise, it's way better than Beneful, but quality vs price...........eh, you could do better.

If you can get (and afford) Innova in your area as you are planning, that would be great. If not, you say you have a tractor supply and I know they carry Diamond Naturals. They have other Diamond brands too........but be SURE it's the Naturals.

Decent quality (about like the OLD Canidae formula) and a good price. They have lamb, beef, and chicken.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Shadow945

I've tried Blue Buffalo with my dog. It's a great food and my dog seemed to love it. I've tried other foods as well with my dog's rotation such as Nutro High Energy. So far I've been happiest with Taste of the Wild Wetlands Formula.

Members online

No members online now.