Anyone own a Pomeranian?

quench

I'll be moving into an apartment soon and it seems to me that a Pomeranian will be the best choice, they're energetic and loving... and so forth. anyone ever own one? care to give me some tips or heck even some other breeds that i might be interested in?

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
poms require alot of coat upkeep and tend to be YAPPERS, they are also rather high energy being related to the spitz, fun breed, can be difficult to housebreak.
i love the way they look and they have great personalities when bred and rasied right. btu the coat is too much upkeep for me.

oh my god just train that thing well or else it will bark your ears off at EVERY LITTLE THING. They tend to be stubborn and inconsistant with housebreaking. SO I HAVE HEARD. I rescued one from the pound and she was just an awful dog, I asked around and was told it was typical, I never want another one as long as I live :)

Good luck!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Poms tend to be horrendous barkers with coats prone to heavy matting if proper grooming isn't followed.

They are cute and loving but INCREDIBLY vocal.

I have one and he is a little sweetie.Yes they can be barkers.Teddy only barks if someone comes to the door and while people are leaving.He quits after a few barks.I also heard that they can be difficult to house train but Teddy wasent.I might of just got lucky I dont Know.They do need alot of brushing to keep the coat mat free.I brush while im sitting watching Tv in the evenings.Teddy loves it.

Staff online

Members online