Eating twice a day.. bad?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My weird college schedule has somehow warped my eating times..

For the last few semesters I have fallen into eating my meals at noon and at 5 during the week (i'm weird about schedules. Once I write it down it is law and I follow it without much thinking lol)

I'm never really hungry earlier or later or in between.. but is it healthy? the meals are average sized and everything and I'm working on making them more balanced (I don't eat vegetables so I'm really trying to get some veggies in)

I have started eating an apple or yogurt around 7 am when I wake up (just to kind of having something in my stomach for my early classes) but other than that I don't eat at other times during the day
(no midnight snacks since dining halls close at 8 and I don't keep food in my dorm lol)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
That's how I spent the majority of my life LOL. I don't handle breakfast well, I get sick if I eat first thing in the morning, so when I was in school and for most of my adult life I just never ate breakfast... only did lunch and dinner. I can manage breakfast now, but I have to be really careful WHAT I eat and not too much, or I'll end up sick. Definitely no dairy first thing in the morning. hurk. So I dunno, I still don't really eat three "meals." I'd call my breakfast a snack. =P
And if I'm not at work (weekends/vacation) I generally still don't eat breakfast at all, or I wait until 10am and do brunch-y stuff. ;P

For a few years there, because of my work schedule, I would eat lunch at around noon or 1 and not eat dinner until around midnight or so. That definitely didn't have me feeling very good...

GipsyQueen

Thats how I eat most of the time - only different times. Usually around 2pm and 7pm. Like today I had pasta at 2 and big salad around 7. I can't handle breakfast. Anything that goes past coffee is baaadddd.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
That's how I eat most days, too. For example, this morning I had a banana when I woke up at 10:30. Then I had a granola bar at 1:30, in between classes. I just got home, so I'm eating my "lunch" (a homemade quesadilla) now at 3:40. I'll likely have dinner around 7:30 or 8:00.

Yesterday I had some banana bread at 9am, a little bowl of tuna casserole at 1pm, and then some pizza at 6pm. (And some more banana bread around 11pm, because I was feeling a little bit hungry. :p)

The day before I had a granola bar around 8am, some pizza for "lunch" at 11am, then didn't eat again until about 7pm (tuna casserole).

I eat when I'm hungry, really. If I know I'm going to miss a "meal time", I try to at least eat a small healthy snacky food (granola bar, applesauce, a banana, etc.) so I'm not hungry, but I'm not pigging out on junk, either.

Doberluv

I don't always feel like breakfast, but I usually have a smoothie whether I want it or not, just to get in more veggies. I try for veggies at every meal. I put protein powder in it too. Sometimes just one egg doesn't seem like you're eating that much, but it's good to start the day with some protein. It gets your metabolism going and everything works better, I think. I think 3-5 smaller meals or snacks a day is better for keeping things from jumping up and down...like with blood sugar levels and so forth. And sticking to things that don't have sugar in them. (Of course, that's next to impossible for me.) lol

Paige

Let it be
I wish I ate like that! I am a muncher. My snacks yesterday consisted of a whole bag of baby carrots, a whole bag of grapes and five bananas. I cannot stop eating.

I only eat twice a day... I usually have a small breakfast (kashi bar/yogurt/fruit) around 8 and lunch around 11. I will eat a few small snacks throughout the day... but nothing I would call a "meal"

Not by choice... After lunch I'm just not hungry for the rest of the day. If I do get hungry I will eat something small like some more fruit, a small salad, or some chips...

Doberluv

OMG! I eat a lot I guess! Today I had for breakfast a smoothie...veggies, a little fruit (1/2 apple, blueberries, kale, zucchini, spinach, beet, red/orange peppers, forgot the carrot...lol... and 1/2 glass of almond milk in it.) Lunch was a bratwurst (probably terrible stuff, but yum) and sauerkraut, small green salad. Snack time was 1/2 cup or so of pistachios, forgot to have tea. Oh yeah, and a little yogurt. Dinner, 1/2 of a T-bone steak (got out the bbq finally), asparagus, mushrooms, green salad, which had zucchini, cauliflower, tomatoes, onion, red pepper, spinach, lettuce and ranch dressing, sunflower and chia seeds. (well, only the ranch was quite fattening and the steak, oh and the bratwurst...lol) But that's a lot! Now I'm fixin to have some tea.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Well, my dinner tonight consisted of a yogurt cup, a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal, and a string cheese slice. Does that count as a meal? LOL

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
The whole "three meals a day" thing is basically a cultural phenomenon. I remember hearing that there are several cultures that eat only two meals a day. As long as you're getting the nutrients your body needs, I don't see the problem.

Michiyo-Fir

I usually only have something light like yogurt, a few biscuits for breakfast..eat a huge lunch then only eat salad/soup for dinner. Have done that for a looong time. Although my metabolism is slow because of it, it's not doing me any harm in the long run.

Lyzelle

I only eat one big meal a day, but I snack all day on veggies, organ meats, and so on. Usually very light seafood in the evening. No grains, here. Not much carbs, either. Or dairy. But I feel pretty awesome. Not as sluggish, and definitely sleeping better at night. Only issue is mornings, of course, since my stomach can't handle anything the first hour or two I'm up. After that, I graze all day long. LOL. Bite here, bite there. But I'm always satisfied, weight and energy isn't suffering, and I'm still getting the same amount of calories and food as I would if I were eating it all in 2 or 3 different meals.

As long as you're not starving yourself, I don't see a reason why eating only two meals a day would be bad.

Members online

No members online now.