Coolie+Koolies=Lots of Fetch & Lots of Merle

So, I recently found out a friend of mine on FB with a Coolie lives super close so she drove down for a day at the dog park. It was supposed to rain but we lucked out and had a really nice day, the light kept changing which was a pain but it was really nice out, loved Rue (the Coolie) and her owner.

Pretty much it was Rue and Traveler staring at us for the ball and Didgie staring at Traveler waiting for us to throw the ball so she could fetch Traveler.

So here is the one and only picture I got of all three of them. Didgie says stays at the dog parks aren't for puppies.

Didgie, Traveler & Rue by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

What Traveler and Rue did. The whole time.

Rue & Traveler by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

She's so pretty

Rue by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

BALL

"Move Traveler. Just move."

Didgeridoo by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Water ears!

I got a ball.

This is my ball

*more*

The ball should be moving

IT MOVED

Make it move again

Traveler by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Make him move again.

Didgeridoo by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

I love dark merles like her

Traveler & Didgie by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

They looked good together

FG167

Whoa!

Rue is absolutely gorgeous! Where did she come from?

I love that the expression in Rue's eyes and Traveler's eyes are identical! I sort of wish that I had waited and gotten a Koolie now...(don't tell Limit that! But but the intensity is so crazy focused on you).

Didgie is no longer a puppy, she is all growed up. At least she looks so in the pics. I feel that this breed, and the Kelpie, looks mature way faster than most other breeds. Kastle did not look put together for a lot longer after 4 months old!

Whoa!

Rue is absolutely gorgeous! Where did she come from?

I love that the expression in Rue's eyes and Traveler's eyes are identical! I sort of wish that I had waited and gotten a Koolie now...(don't tell Limit that! But but the intensity is so crazy focused on you).

Didgie is no longer a puppy, she is all growed up. At least she looks so in the pics. I feel that this breed, and the Kelpie, looks mature way faster than most other breeds. Kastle did not look put together for a lot longer after 4 months old!
Limits a boy, give him time! Traveler didn't start any of that crazy intense focus until he was a good year old. He was always focused on me but not with that fun seriousness. Boys take awhile to mature I think and I'm pretty sure once Limit really turns on and puts his laser focus to you it will be amazing.

Rue is from Yatahea Coolies in Texas.

And I agree, Didgie looks so grown up in her body right now, it's crazy to me. But at the same time she has this itty bitty puppy head going on.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Eeeeep she is gorgeous! And I love her name! Omg Didgie looks so biiiig! Her and Traveler are such amazingly beautiful dogs. Koolies and Coolies are awesome. What's the drive like and energy level compared to a BC, do you know?

Eeeeep she is gorgeous! And I love her name! Omg Didgie looks so biiiig! Her and Traveler are such amazingly beautiful dogs. Koolies and Coolies are awesome. What's the drive like and energy level compared to a BC, do you know?
Didgie and Traveler were almost Roo's so I'm completely in love with that na,e.

Probably pretty comparable to a BC. Though I think they tend to be more "up" than borders and louder but overall I do believe the energy level and drive are very similar.

houlahoops

Rue is pretty! Her ear-set is really wide. Mammoth does that sometimes but only when he's thinking really hard about Important Things.

I am partial to Trav and Didgie though <3 She is looking so grown up...and she's going to have nice wide shoulders. And Traveler is just full of handsome (as per usual!)

Taqroy

Gorgeous pictures! I love that shot of Rue stretched out - she's a beautiful dog!

I'm really curious what would happen if we put Mu and Didgie and a tennis ball together - Mu does that same stalker eye to Tipper when we have them both out lol.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I'm really curious what would happen if we put Mu and Didgie and a tennis ball together - Mu does that same stalker eye to Tipper when we have them both out lol.
Kim, too. I think if we threw a ball for the three of them at once they'd all stare at one another, waiting for someone to make a move so the other two could chase lol.

Michiyo-Fir

Ah I love them all!! They're all so pretty and so well built! Lovelovelovelove!

Poor Trav is going to get overpowered by all these girls!

Toller_08

Looks like the perfect way to spend a day! Great pictures. Everyone looks like they had so much fun.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Rue fits right in! And of course Trav and Didgie are gorgeous as always.

If it weren't that I need a lazy dog, I'd be swooning about and wanting to get a Coolie. At least I can live with Sierra's creative looks without needing more energy ;)

Ah I love them all!! They're all so pretty and so well built! Lovelovelovelove!

Poor Trav is going to get overpowered by all these girls!
If he wasn't so distracted by the ball I think he would love it.

He's such a funny dog. Rue just came out of heat, like JUST. And it's her second heat. Traveler? Never even sniffed her once. At all.

Rue is pretty! Her ear-set is really wide. Mammoth does that sometimes but only when he's thinking really hard about Important Things.

I am partial to Trav and Didgie though <3 She is looking so grown up...and she's going to have nice wide shoulders. And Traveler is just full of handsome (as per usual!)
Her ear set is wider, makes her serious ball face look so cute.

Toolalla dogs all have these really impressive shoulders that get nice muscles

Love the merle!! Gorgeous shots as always. Also, Trav's shoulder muscles in that last pic are ridiculous.
It's the Toolalla shoulder muscles!

Gorgeous pictures! I love that shot of Rue stretched out - she's a beautiful dog!

She really is gorgeous!

And I think Shai is dead on. Nothing would get chased because they would be waiting for someone to chase something. :rofl1:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
So basically Coolie = copper. ;)

Seriously though, make Rue and Trav have puppies together and give me one. And then forget that I made such a statement based purely on how good they look together and how similar their expressions are.

When did Didgie become a real dog instead of a little merle squirrel?

Saeleofu

So much love...and want!

I really, REALLY need to make it out your way and have some Koolie time. As if I need more convincing that I want a Traveler baby lol.

Ulteed

Wonderful photographs! They all are such stunning dogs, and Didgie is growing beautifully. I have to say, I really like C/Koolies with minimal white ... though maybe it comes with my main choice in dogs being darker. :p

German Coolies and Australian Koolies are pretty much the same breed. Some breeders call them Coolies and others Koolies. When the Koolie Club of Australia started they voted on the name they would use and decided on Koolie to avoid confusion with Collie.

My breeder used to call them German Coolies but when the club decided that years back, him being the laid back guy he is just went "ok." and went with it. There are old time breeders that call them Koolies and old time breeders that call them Coolies and they all do outcrosses to eachother.

Some breeders though are very picky about the name and do consider them different breeds. The breeder Rue came from is one of them so I'm gonna respect her wishes and call Rue a Coolie.

I just call mine Koolies because I get tired of typing the it C/Koolies and I like the look of the K. Plus it takes away having to explain why they're called German when they're from Australia :rofl1:

So, Coolie is a Koolie is a C/Koolie unless the breeder disagrees

Seriously though, make Rue and Trav have puppies together and give me one. And then forget that I made such a statement based purely on how good they look together and how similar their expressions are.

When did Didgie become a real dog instead of a little merle squirrel?
They really really do look good together! They don't know that since I don't think they looked at eachother once but they really did.

And Didgie is growing up SO fast! She's got this crazy adult body going on and I don't know how it happened

So much love...and want!

I really, REALLY need to make it out your way and have some Koolie time. As if I need more convincing that I want a Traveler baby lol.
YES! You are always welcome to come!

Wonderful photographs! They all are such stunning dogs, and Didgie is growing beautifully. I have to say, I really like C/Koolies with minimal white ... though maybe it comes with my main choice in dogs being darker. :p
You and me both. I loooove minimal whites, better yet minimal merles with little white. I think it looks so neat. Didgie is so flashy and it wasn't my cup of tea though it's growing on me a lot. Her giant black splotches help make up for her flash though

Members online

No members online now.