Pit bull. A breed in itself?

pitbulliest

rottiegirl...it doesn't matter..they are still the same category of dog..one originated from the other....through years of selective breeding, the appearance changed..but people consider them to be the same dog...breeding standards made them into separate breeds, but if you look at the history...its one dog...

just used for different purposes..one for work, the other for show...

R

rottiegirl

rottiegirl...it doesn't matter..they are still the same category of dog..one originated from the other....through years of selective breeding, the appearance changed..but people consider them to be the same dog...breeding standards made them into separate breeds, but if you look at the history...its one dog...
Yeah, I know that. I was just listing the physical differences.

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
Well that could be said about anything.

I mean that's like saying an African and an American are one human because at some point we all came from Africa.

Anyways I didn't know Shire was short for that place (which I've forgotten the name of already).

It made sense to me that it would mean sire because we have several words that change their pronunciation throughout history.

Knight used to be 'kin-ight" instead of "night". Gnat used to be "gin-at" instead of "nat". Stuff like that.

Made sense that they'd change how it was spelled in the language but not in a name (such as a Yorkshire or Staffordshire).

Oh well, learn something new everyday. Luckily I learned it fairly early in the day so I get the rest of the day off.

growing up i had an akc registered american staffordshire terrier, pitbull, and he was wonderfull. he was easy to train, he never gave us any problems. he was just an all around good dog. his only fault was pulling on the leash.
we got him when he was very young, 4 weeks old, i know this is way too early but the breeder claimed the mother wouldnt nurse them anymore and he was the last of the litter left so we took him home. he was our baby for 10years. sadly he died of kidney failure
i found alot of people would make stupid remarks to us about him. when he was 10 weeks old and we took him out for the first time our neighbor yelled out "im gonna shoot that dog". my mother picked up the puppy and ran in the house, we started to cry worrying some idiot may do harm to our baby.
well luckily nothing ever happend to us other than dumb remarks for the next few years but once the neighborhood got to know him they all loved him.
we used to walk by this resteraunt that had a chair outside for the valet guy, Rowdy (dogs name) used to sit on this guys chair like a person and wag his tail and draw attention of people passing by lol. we couldnt pass the resteraunt without rowdy taking his 5 minute chair break.
oh im babbling now sorry lol....anyway i think they are great dogs, and its only foolish people that train them differently that made them get such a bad rep
btw, my mom has another pitbull now that she found on the street, he to is a lover boy. his name is Pooky
:p

Members online

No members online now.