Age Differences?

Wht is the age difference between you and your SO?

• Total voters

FG167

Luckily I don't think too many people would shoot me judge-y looks if I dated a much older guy because Asian. No one would really know my age :D
True story! Jason keeps saying that once we're married, I'll be half-Asian...I'm like, Ummm, no, that's not how life works...really...weirdo LOL

K9 and FG I would never have guessed your SOs were 40!
You've met him too! :)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I'm the younger...by less than a month. So of course I refer to him as a cradle-robber.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Sabe and I have a ten year age difference with him being the younger one.

He is in this thirties and I am in my forties...

It works well for us.

I have had significant others that were up to 12 years older than me and also ones the same age.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'm 22, turning 23 in December. He's 24, turning 25 next month. So that's...a three year difference?

Kootenay

2 year difference here, with him being the older one. I wouldn't have a problem with a big age gap though. There's a 16 year gap between my parents, and my sister has dated a lot of much older guys. If it works, it works.

CaliTerp07

I am a few hours older than my husband.....our mothers actually shared a hospital room.
Oh my gosh, that's awesome!

Zach is a year older than me. I'd have had a hard time being with someone significantly older than me. I loved doing all our "firsts" together, like graduating college, getting jobs, going to Europe, buying a house...I'd be sad if he had done all those things before we were together.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I'm 20, my boyfriend will be 25 in December. So not that big of a gap. That said, my parents have 10 years between them and I grew up thinking that was fine and normal, so it doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother my parents. In fact, when I introduced him and mentioned his age I told them they WEREN'T allowed to be bothered by it and pointed out their difference lol.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
3yrs here ..although, I'll be happily single if I don't soon see an engagement. 8yrs is plenty long enough :rofl1:

Pops2

9 years & some change. Anything happens to her & I'm looking for a younger model. I want someone who can push my wheelchair, feed me my gruel & change my depends.:D

Oh my gosh, that's awesome!
:) It's kind of a long story about how we met and got together, but once we had been dating for a while it was realized that my aunt and his grandmother had been friends for years, and totally remembered our moms sharing the hospital room.

Sometimes things are meant to be. :)

noludoru

Bored Now.
Okay, so maybe I am the only one here with that kind of an age difference.

:) It's kind of a long story about how we met and got together, but once we had been dating for a while it was realized that my aunt and his grandmother had been friends for years, and totally remembered our moms sharing the hospital room.

Sometimes things are meant to be. :)
I really, really want to hear this story. It sounds awesome!

And just for the record, I never mind people thread-jacking when I do so much of it myself.

Zhucca

Lab Love
I'll be monitoring this thread. I have a bit of a thing for older guys but I haven't dated yet. I'm always interested in hearing about people in relationships with large age gaps, it helps me ruminate what it would be like dating a friend of mine, who is 22yrs older than me.

I guess being in different life stages is definitely the biggest hurdle.

milos_mommy

A little off topic but still related: at what point do you consider a gap a "big difference"? Not necessarily that you think it's problematic or weird, just that it's a notable age difference?

For me, I think it's at 8 or 9 years. I don't think there's ever a point where I wouldn't see 10 years as a big difference. And once you're past your early 20s, 6 doesn't seem like much. 7, 8, 9 years starts to seem like it'd be noticeable in certain aspects, like life-planning or talking about childhood

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yeah but what if you don't have kids, lay SO & I ? Then what? Well ... Since he is 10 years older then me ... I guess I will be "pushing his wheelchair & changing his depends" :rofl1:

Romy

Taxiderpy
Well, I don't have a SO and it'll likely stay that way, so have got to get the kids on board for gruel feeding and wheelchair pushing. It's only fair, since I spent several years doing it for them. :D

Milos_Mommy, I think it becomes a big difference when it puts people in different stages of life. So it would vary between different people of the same age. That said, I don't think 10 years is a big deal between a 50 year old and a 60 year old.

My best friends, the most happily married ones that are the most compatible with their spouses have the biggest age gaps. One is 41, her husband is 69. They have a 17 year old son and a 14 year old daughter. They are super well matched, I honestly can't see them with different people, and neither can they.

Another friend is 32 and her SO of 11 years is 44. They're super happy together as well.

Members online

No members online now.