American Bulldog site

Hello everyone! Here is the link to my website. We are a working American Bulldog kennel and take great pride in our dogs. Our dogs our shown in conformation, weightpull and Schutzhund. We are also very involved in bull and molosser breed rescue. I am slowly working on an American Bulldog information site which will also cover many of the other bull and molosser breeds (if you are interested in contributing, please feel free to contact me!)

Some general information about us to answer any questions you may have beforehand .. we generally breed for ourselves. I will not do a breeding just to sell pups... at least 2 pups are kept out of every litter we produce. A breeding is planned for at least 6 months or more before it takes place and most pups are spoken for before they are even conceived. Some years we may never even have a litter. There are too many poorly bred or unwanted pups in the world, so I don't believe in flooding the world with more pups. Absolutely no dog's bred before 2 years of age and until they are proven health and working wise.

Homes are screened... these dogs are working dogs and are not for everyone.. especially the first time dog owner! The majority of my pups go to working or show homes, although no matter how well planned the breeding is, there are pet quality pups in every litter. All pups are under contract to return to me if there is ever a need to. I do not want any of my pups to end up in rescue. All owners are strongly encouraged to update me throughout the dog's life. I prefer to keep in contact with all my buyers.

We are involved in rescue because I feel it is the right thing to do. I feel all breeders should be doing thier part in rescue. If you are putting dogs out in the world, it is only right that you help with the homeless dogs of your breed. Nothing upsets me more than recieving a dog in rescue from another breeder... the owners say the breeder will not take the dog back.. I have even contacted breeders and they have told me the same thing!! Once you produce a litter, you should be responsible for that dog for the rest of it's life!! It all comes down to being responsible.. I wish more people would take responsibility before they decide to breed or buy a dog.

We feel it's very important to train and work our dogs. They are a high drive breed and are much happier when they have a job. We enjoy doing weightpull and protection work, swimming, ball, hangtime.. you name it! We also love how this breed can "turn off" so to speak and come in and cuddle with you. Yes, we do have a few outdoor only dogs, but have 4 that live inside with us and are spoiled beyond belief!

My background is in animal behavior and training and have also completed 2 years of pre-veterinary medicine. I have worked with exotics (zookeeper, wildlife rehabilitator and wildlife educator) livestock (my family raised horses and cattle all my life) and domestics (vet tech, trainer)

Thank you all for checking out my little corner of the www. I hope I can be of assistance to some and a friend to others.

In closing is a neat pic I got of Jasper and Chewy going for the same ball! Not sure how I manged to get the shot, but know I probably never could again if I tried! LOL!

Parkin's American Bulldogs

Thank you everyone!

DarthVadersMum.. Thank you! I plan on checking out your site as soon as I type this! Sounds very interesting!

Serena... Yes, my contract states up to one year ( as does about 90% of AB breeders), but quite honestly if there is a problem with any of my dogs, I will take care of it for life. In the years I've had these dogs, I have only ever had one returned to me, and that was due to a divorce, not a health issue. I am aware that even the most well researched breedings can produce an unsound pup and am prepared to handle that if/when the situation arises. I maintain very good relationships with all of my buyers and they know that I will take care of them. I am not into this breed to cheat anybody and have a respected name amongst the AB community.

No problem Serena. I completely understand your concern. I suppose It is time for some contract revisions!

I too was the victim of a bad breeder. I bought a pup from someone with a 1 year guarantee. By 14 months old, she was diagnosed with severe hip dysplasia and epilepsy. The breeder refused to refund our money or replace the dog. She was in so much pain, I had her put down. Not only were we out the $1500.00 we had paid for her, but we lost a member of our family and were truly heartbroken by the experience. I vowed from that day on I would never do that to anyone.

I have only had 3 litters in 7 years, so I don't breed very often. Every breeding is planned well in advance (6 months to a year or more) I insist on keeping in touch with everyone who has one of my "kids". I feel that if I brought an animal into this world, than it is only right to be responsible for that animal for it's entire life.

Members online

No members online now.