The "I'm So Proud of My Dog thread"

The Good News thread in the FH made me think of it.

Our dogs do things every day (well, MOST days ;) ) that make us proud, so share 'em here :)

Today, Tallulah, who does NOT come off something she is after, being incredibly focused (or obsessive, take your pick) hit a milestone.

There was a chickadee in the screened in part of the deck. Tallulah saw it before I did and went after it. She'd jumped up on a table and had it cornered -- if it moved she'd have had it.

She came back inside when I called her.

She didn't want to, but she did it. <3 First time ever.

Aw, that's great!

Elsie left the raw chicken alone even though it was left unattended on the counter and she thinks she's starving to death.
That's HUGE!

Would never happen here, lol.

Kharma has been known to rogue stuff off of the grill -- while it's fired up.

Without singeing a single whisker :confused: :hail: :wall: :nono: Yes, I have very conflicted feelings about that!

Red.Apricot

Yeah, I was pretty impressed with her. Less impressed that both my boyfriend and I wandered off and left it there for a few minutes, but proud of her. She got extra treats today.

I have to say I'm impressed with Kharma! When Elsie does stuff similar to that (although not nearly as dangerous!) I'm like,

She's eaten most of the contents of an electric skillet . . . while it was cooking :eek:

There are some things I don't even want to know how she does. Then there's the 5 gallon plastic SCREW TOP canister of flour that was ON TOP OF THE REFRIGERATOR.

Do not even want to know.

Most of the time, though, she's really stellar, although Bimmer is The Good Dog. It's remarkable if he ever does something out of line. :)

Red Chrome

LoLa is 3 days clean of food stealing. Hobie is really always fairly good. Judge is always good.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Love this thread! :D

Well, Hurricane Fable is an excited pee-er. Even if she's just outside for 5 minutes, when she comes back in she spazzes out and piddles everywhere. I've been practicing with her, letting her in and out repeatedly, trying to make it boring "old news." No real progress over the last week, but twice today she was outside for about an hour, and although she did her usual Fable-style cry/whine/moan/grunt dance and was very excited, not a drop of pee. Woot!

As for Millie, well, I believe there should be Sainthood bestowed upon dogs. Every day she takes care of me and my mom and watches out for Fable. She's so good and patient with her, it makes my heart melt.

It doesn't happen here much anymore . . . but I try not to leave too much temptation!

The nature of the beast. Filas originate in an impoverished area and are, by survival instincts ingrained over hundreds of years, inclined to take care of themselves. If I tell Kharma, "that's MINE, leave it alone," we're good though. At least for a reasonable period of time, lol.

And then there's the fact that I've never gotten significantly bent out of shape over roguing something that I left in a tempting situation. I figure that's my fault.

yoko

I accidentally latched Yoshi's crate wrong and she got out today. She only opened one door and only turned one shower on and then she didn't play in the water!

It sounds bad but compared to what I have come home to before it was pretty good.

yoko

LOL Don't say that!

You can't let her know you think it's funny/impressive or she'll keep doing it -.-

I use to have to lock my bathroom door at night so she couldn't go in there while I was sleeping.

Today, the youngsters went "on by" an oncoming dog while scootering. For the first time pretty much ever. Right on by.

And Pip played with Squash a little. That's downright apocalyptic.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I just had 10 mins of Fred cuddles in bed, without him trying to chew my face of, or dig a hole to Australia!!! That's impressive. He just snuggled.

Bodhi is always good, I'm now realising after adding a floppy eared hooligan to the home.

Members online

No members online now.