What breed of dog will you own next?

DaVinci

I really would like to have a Dobie again but sine I got DaVinci who is part toller I have fallen head over heals for the breed. I would someday when I'm older like 50 have aa am bully. I have my pits but I would like an am bully cause they don't have as much drive as the pitbull. Since I have never bought a dog I guess i will ended up with what ever comes my way.

corgi_love

We used to have a shar pei x houla mix in the shelter. Her name was Lola. :D I will say a merle shar pei looking dog isn't the cutest thing, but she was really sweet.

My roomie's boyfriend came to see her and loved her, but he's not getting a dog until he gets back from Iraq again.
Blue merle Shar Pei?!! Wooaaah hahaha!

I saw a couple Cardigan Corgi's.. I know some awesome breeders so if your really interested PM me and I'll refer you to a couple :D

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I think I said it was going to be a border collie.... well, it may actually be a papillon.

Again.

Gah, I can't get away from them!

When I move into a place with a yard (in 2 years) I'll get a rescued aussie or border collie, or mix thereof!

Miss Jack

Jack 27/09/94-06/12/07
I think I said it was going to be a border collie.... well, it may actually be a papillon.

Again.

Gah, I can't get away from them!
Niether can I since my 10 year old daughter saw a thread of yours with beautiful photos!

Every chance she gets she's on papillion breeders websites.

Apparently (in her words) "Scooby needs a baby sister in a couple of years and a papillon would be juuuuussssst the best choice" :rolleyes: Oh and if we get one she will "Never ever ever ask for anything else again" annnnd we will be the "Coolest bestest parents ever" annnnd "She will look after it and feed it and walk it and train it annnnnd we can even have all her spending money each week to keep it!!!"

If we added up how much cash she gets and then the subs for her guide group and football/soccer it comes to £4.70 (just over 9 dollars?) guess for that amount she could have 3 :rofl1:

The rest of us aren't much better I'd like a Giant and a Standard Schnauzer oh and another Airedale and another Miniature Schnauzer.(then there is the other 30 or so breeds I'd quite like to own)

Hubby really wants a Weimaraner (have to say 13 years ago I wanted an Airedale and he wanted a Weimaraner. Airedale was available 1st so I promised that the next dog would be a Weimaraner guess I lied :eek:)

Son wants anything with four legs (or even 3) a waggy tail a wet nose and a strong drive to play play play

bubbatd

I will always want a dog with a Golden look ( eyes and smile ) .... but who knows what the future will hold . Ollie's about 3ish and I'm 75 ...... Which will go first ? I just know I couldn't live dogless .

maybe532

The next dog I get will be an adult Newfie but my husband says the next dog WE get will be a GSD. I think that means the next dog will be a GSD because he has never mentioned wanting a dog, it is always me that brings up getting a dog. We already have the breeder picked out but it will be a long time before we get another dog (Koda is only 12 weeks old!). We have our hands full for the time being. I think he wants to wait until Lucy passes away before getting another one (she's only 7 so hopefully that won't be for a LONG time).

Wannadog

Well, When I get a dog I realy want a yellow lab :) but thats if I can find a place for rent that allows large dogs. but, If I find a place that allows dogs under 25 lbs (witch is what ive been see'n) it will prob be a pug or some type of mix, lol, The only thing im 100% about is I want an adult and I want to get a rescue.

Wannadog

but then again, lol. I seen the cutest german shepherd pup today, I fell in love with him :) he was soo sweet too!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
It really depends.

Molly is getting kind of old, so depending on how much longer she's around, it may be another boxer if I can convince my mom that we can't not have a dog, and Lucy is more closely related to a cat...

If I don't get another dog until I move out, then it's really up in the air. I'd really like to either get a boxer or Australian shepherd, but it's likely that my living arrangements at that time will be more suited for a chihuahua. Or cat.

So who knows. :eek:

mrose_s

BusterLove
Bah, I changed again.

A working bred BC :)
lol
Yes, I'll probably switch and change between BC and kelpie a million more times nefore I get another dog. If it wasn't for the DA thing I would be all out for a kelpie, but I worry that I may not be able to handle it fast enough it it came up, it effects so much of what I want to do with Buster, it's somethign I'd like to avoid for next time if possible. It would be my personal first dog that I personally raise from a puppy so I wonder if I shoudl just go BC, hopefully avoid DA through genetics as much as possible, do all the "right things" (socialize, puppy preschool, ovediance etc) and hopefully I'll have a dog I can take more places with me.
After that... either a showdog (GWP or Dane) and then I'll be looking at another working dog, the alternate breed to what I pick the first time :)

Mustn't put the cart before the horse though. I won't ad another dog to this pack, its too unstable as it is, we all argue about trianing methods, food, dog rules etc etc so I'd rather just do the puppy thing all my own way when I get it and be consistent fromt he start.

On a good note, I will be going in to get my Learners again in a couple of weeks, then I'll be in that car, working my butt off tryign to drive it, then I'm onto my P's, gathering money, moving away, and having my own place... then... a cat... and a couple of rats... then we'll start looking at a dog. lol

ofcourse, I will never change my mind on these things... becasue I simply never do. *snort giggle*

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Niether can I since my 10 year old daughter saw a thread of yours with beautiful photos!

Every chance she gets she's on papillion breeders websites.

Apparently (in her words) "Scooby needs a baby sister in a couple of years and a papillon would be juuuuussssst the best choice" :rolleyes: Oh and if we get one she will "Never ever ever ask for anything else again" annnnd we will be the "Coolest bestest parents ever" annnnd "She will look after it and feed it and walk it and train it annnnnd we can even have all her spending money each week to keep it!!!"

If we added up how much cash she gets and then the subs for her guide group and football/soccer it comes to £4.70 (just over 9 dollars?) guess for that amount she could have 3 :rofl1:

The rest of us aren't much better I'd like a Giant and a Standard Schnauzer oh and another Airedale and another Miniature Schnauzer.(then there is the other 30 or so breeds I'd quite like to own)

Hubby really wants a Weimaraner (have to say 13 years ago I wanted an Airedale and he wanted a Weimaraner. Airedale was available 1st so I promised that the next dog would be a Weimaraner guess I lied :eek:)

Son wants anything with four legs (or even 3) a waggy tail a wet nose and a strong drive to play play play
Haha, I'm a bad influence. :eek:

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
No, you really really are. IVE even started wanting one. Seriously.

I could get away with a small dog. Probably. Maybe. :D:D:D

Seriously though, I won't even be looking at any dogs anytime soon. Though one day I'd like to have a Coolie/Koolie and a Australian Shepherd and a Border Collie. :p

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
i can't decide now

it was 100% english shepherd
but i may import an old english sheepdog from england so i can get one with a tail that's a "real" old english....
or maybe i'll just get a bearded collie.
really leaning towards english shepherd though...

yes. that's what i'll get.
an english shepherd!

Members online