How do purebred dogs get their show names?

Adrienne

We were not required to use the kennel name unless we wanted to with Neva and Gunnar.

Neva's ADBA name is Adrienne's Crazy Calypso, Gunnar we did use part of his name from his linage so he is Gunnar Blaz Vom Rex....

wolfsoul

I Love My Belgian
My dogs's names are (without titles):

Attra Dea's Credit Approved (Visa)
Attra Dea's Sweet Uniquity (Solo)

My friend's dogs (we breed together under the same kennel name) are (without titles):

Stellar's Black Goddess (Isis)
Attra Dea's Living the Dream (Jaguar)
Tiashanah's Wine N Dance at Attra Dea (Loki)

And then males that we don't own but have breeding rights to..

Attra Dea's Jacob (Jake)
Attra Dea's IntheBlackO'Tiashanah (Amex)
Attra Dea's Bird of Prey (Hawke)

One of my favourite things is looking up different registered names. I love helping people choose them too, it's alot of fun. I think when I start breeding I may do theme litters, as it seems "fun." Solo's theme litter is obvious LOL. Sweet Uniquity, there ain't another like him. :rolleyes:

otch1

My Dobie pup, coming Thursday, has a theme for the litter and new owners were given a list of Rolling Stones song titles. I just picked my pups name, Wingates Time is on my Side. Aka, "Bobby". Sire is Ch. Sherlucks Time has Come. I find all breeders who show use their kennel name and most have a theme to tie pups to dam/sire.

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
My Dobie pup, coming Thursday, has a theme for the litter and new owners were given a list of Rolling Stones song titles. I just picked my pups name, Wingates Time is on my Side. Aka, "Bobby". Sire is Ch. Sherlucks Time has Come. I find all breeders who show use their kennel name and most have a theme to tie pups to dam/sire.
Are you going to the show here in Sept at the Mason county fair grounds?
I thought I might pop in and take a peek. Went last year and saw some gorgeous dogs and alot of really neat vendors.
Might even bring one of my dogs for the socialization.

otch1

Hi there... got your private post and sent one to you. Hope you received it. Yes, I normally show at that show. It's a very nice one, big turnout. This year, no dog to handle there, so I'll be home as my dobie pups came an hour ago. I am so excited... (and am already anticipating getting no sleep for the next 10 days.) I have the 10 days to decide which puppy I'm taking of the two. If you go to show, check out the labs and find a Tonya Struble on your program. She should be handling one of the BOB labs there. (I believe you have Labs?) Beautiful dogs. I used to train out of the same facility with her, years ago. She has great working and conformation dogs! They are fun to watch, and she's a great breeder/handle/trainer !

Members online

No members online now.