The dog musing/vent thread

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
The borderstaffies I've trialled around have been kind of scary. Not really in a bad way just like Dog x 1000000000. And they scream. Every single one.

Oh anyways, mine wasn't that exciting. I got invited to go meet a bunch of dogs from a line I like.

Also my dogs will be on TV this weekend! (Well local TV haha) Doing a demo on Sunday about nosework.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
The borderstaffies I've trialled around have been kind of scary. Not really in a bad way just like Dog x 1000000000. And they scream. Every single one.

Oh anyways, mine wasn't that exciting. I got invited to go meet a bunch of dogs from a line I like.

Also my dogs will be on TV this weekend! (Well local TV haha) Doing a demo on Sunday about nosework.

Ruby screams and screeches. if it wasn't for the ban I'd start to wonder what she really is...

And both of those are exciting! Sounds like a couple of fun opportunities!

Gimmick vaulted the 4ft baby gate from a standstill to chase after a neighbor. Good thing were signing up for agility as soon as there's an opening

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Well it's going to be over 90 outside so not sure if Mia can participate in the filming this weekend. Poor baby. Will still take Summer but I wish so bad that Mia was able to. Or just able to handle heat. :( I hate all this.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
I wouldn't list any breed out because of the ban.

I can think of 7 bully breed puppies in my neighbourhood, off the top of my head.
Very true, I actually know of people breeding Border Staffies specifically come to think of it. I guess my assumption is based more on those breeding "illegal" Border Staffys would be screening homes for sport work.
She's also very lean, long legged, "pointy" and generally non-staffy like. Her face looks a lot thicker in my banner pic than it really is.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Lady: Hey guys I'm looking for a nice boy to breed my sheltie bitch!! We're only breeding her once though LOL don't want to ruin her girlish figure.
Other lady: So have you done health clearances?
Lady: Yes she's been to the vet.
Other lady: That's not what I mean. I mean VWD, eyes, hips?
Lady: Yeah.
Me: Did you do OFA or PennHIP?
Lady: No.

Sparrow

Lady: Hey guys I'm looking for a nice boy to breed my sheltie bitch!! We're only breeding her once though LOL don't want to ruin her girlish figure.
Other lady: So have you done health clearances?
Lady: Yes she's been to the vet.
Other lady: That's not what I mean. I mean VWD, eyes, hips?
Lady: Yeah.
Me: Did you do OFA or PennHIP?
Lady: No.

There was a lady at the Barn Hunt with a young Husky/GSD talking to one of my club's trainers about how much she hoped to breed her in the fall. She's a musher, so it wasn't a big deal at first that she was considering breeding a mix, but the trainer pointed out that she'd only be a year old in the fall, and asked about health clearances.

Same thing - the lady was like "oh yeah, she gets check-ups." The trainer said she meant things like x-rays, etc. and the lady said...

"Oh I'm not breeding for THAT. These would be for people for pets."

What??? I was glad I was facing the other way. The trainer stayed calm and said "Well, when people get attached to their pets, they don't want them to develop crippling pain and be unable to get around."

iriskai

Watching Dexter with a friend. Friend is eating Oreos. Mimi wanted an Oreo but was getting ignored. Mimi puts a paw on friend's arm. Friend laughs and puts empty hand on Mimi's shoulder. Mimi doesn't move for a moment, watches my friend's Oreo holding hand, and puts her other paw on my friend's arm. I think she was disappointed when her plan didn't work.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Today I found out that restrained recalls make Feist really excited, when she's excited she decides to leap into my arms. While going about 90 MPH.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I apparently did an effective job at tiring out Cajun today. It is last call for potty breaks and when I opened her crate door she just kinda looked at me like eeehhhh I'd rather not, thanks (which is totally not the norm). After getting her out and trying to get her upstairs, she just kept running back to her crate :rolleyes:

I think I broke Juno too lol she's been conked out most of the day. Nothing like having a young dog in the house to showcase that Juno is, in fact, NOT a puppy anymore.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Shelter in my town called for a possible lead for a chiweenie missing since 4/28 from a neighborhood around the corner. Tan colored with some white on the muzzle and a little black strip on the muzzle. Sounds similar. Named Cinnamon.

*crosses fingers*

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Shelter in my town called for a possible lead for a chiweenie missing since 4/28 from a neighborhood around the corner. Tan colored with some white on the muzzle and a little black strip on the muzzle. Sounds similar. Named Cinnamon.

*crosses fingers*
Oooh!! I hope that's her and she will get to go home! Poor girly.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Whoo wrong thread haha, but still yay! Hopefully they get back to me soon. I think part of it was they reported as a dachshund and I reported as a chihuahua

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Someone in the megaesophagus group I'm in is trying to find a home for an American Bulldog puppy she produced that unfortunately has megaE. The breeder has some gorgeous dogs. Conformation, temperament tested, and I think she's started some of her dogs in IPO. Kennel name is Clause American Bulldogs. Anybody interested? :D I totally wish I could have a third dog right now, because Abrams wants a little sister.

Two things.

1) I had a crazy-vivid dream that I NEEDED a whippet puppy. Needed. Couldn't find a breeder (I guess in crazy-dream-world, nobody breeds whippets? funny, given that one of the Dobe breeders I'm in touch with also keeps whippets...), went to a pet store, bought one. Bad dream self, so irresponsible!

2) I went off the deep end and signed Astro and I up for a novice obedience/rally class on Mondays, and a nosework class on Tuesdays. The training club is 1-2 hours away, and the classes are at night. I'm also thinking of signing up for a few private lessons with my trainer to start agility back up again, because hey, apparently I don't need any free time?

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Just brought Rigby for my first little bit of the move out here.
It's making me realize just how easy only having to worry about ONE dog in the house is.
Not that Cobain is a problem at all of course, it's just a lot different with the one

Two things.

1) I had a crazy-vivid dream that I NEEDED a whippet puppy. Needed. Couldn't find a breeder (I guess in crazy-dream-world, nobody breeds whippets? funny, given that one of the Dobe breeders I'm in touch with also keeps whippets...), went to a pet store, bought one. Bad dream self, so irresponsible!

2) I went off the deep end and signed Astro and I up for a novice obedience/rally class on Mondays, and a nosework class on Tuesdays. The training club is 1-2 hours away, and the classes are at night. I'm also thinking of signing up for a few private lessons with my trainer to start agility back up again, because hey, apparently I don't need any free time?
Wait doesn't anyone else spend all their free time doing dog stuff?!?

Members online

No members online now.