The Good News thread

SpringerLover

My friend Kristen traveled up here to MN to see the vet I work for because she has spent the last three years and over $3000 trying to get a diagnosis and treatment plan near her in Ohio. I was so worried nothing would be found, just because nothing has been found before.

Well, Griffin tore his achilles and gastroc sometime prior to 2010 (based on xrays from that time period, then diagnostic ultrasound yesterday). So now she has a diagnosis and a treatment plan. We just need to find someone to carry out the treatment plan closer to her.

SO relieved it was worth it for her. Also, it was really, really great to see her again. It's been almost 3 years since I've seen her! We spent most of today training dogs. SO MUCH FUN. SO MUCH to work on.

And now I'm sad, because she's on her way back to Ohio.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Tonight we had a coffee house at our church. It was a crazy, stressful
Couple of weeks getting it all together as heads of our outreach committee but it was AMAZING!!!! The performers we had tonigt were incredible and we had an outstanding crowd. More people than we ever imagined. Packed house!

We raised a lot of money for future outreach endeavours like our easter egg hunt which is a huge event in our community :)

I am so, SO pleased. We ended the night with our MC doing an impromptu play which we did not really know about but was SO hilarious and used audience members (i was dr devious lol because I have a good evil laugh). It was the perfect way to end the night and everyone really enjoyed it.

I feel so blissful tonight :)

SaraB

LAST DAY AT THE VET CLINIC!!!!

So weird to be happy about it being my last day and everyone else here so sad that it's my last day. I should really at least pretend to be sad.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My hubby is awesome. Abrams now has a long line for the beach that can be made either an 8', 25', or 50', with or without a handle.

Navy boy knowing his knots is handy. :D

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Josh is here for the weekend! After this I wont get to see him until the end of the month.

Except that he just came off night shift and spends most of the daylight hours sleeping while I unhealthily binge watch Supernatural *sighs*

Lyzelle

BeAu is simply wonderful. Earlier this week I came home to an already run bath because I was frustrated with work.

Yesterday I had something happen. Maybe an ovarian cyst rupture or maybe something uterine. Not sure. But it hurt like hell and although it subsided somewhat, I AM still in quite a bit of pain and I didn't want to call out of work two days in a row.

Came home to another already run bubble bath with my favorite flowers, favorite movie, a glass of wine and everything I would need to relax.

<3

Airn

BeAu is simply wonderful. Earlier this week I came home to an already run bath because I was frustrated with work.

Yesterday I had something happen. Maybe an ovarian cyst rupture or maybe something uterine. Not sure. But it hurt like hell and although it subsided somewhat, I AM still in quite a bit of pain and I didn't want to call out of work two days in a row.

Came home to another already run bubble bath with my favorite flowers, favorite movie, a glass of wine and everything I would need to relax.

<3
So happy you finally have someone who appreciates you. :)

MY MOM GOT A DOG. FINALLY. OMG PUPPYPUPPYPUPPY.

xpaeanx

The SO and I had some time to kill Saturday... So we decided to take a leisurely drive through the area we are looking to buy in. Oh it was perfect! Just felt like home being there. <3 We found a small breakfast place in one spot, we're going to try it out in the next few weeks since breakfast is my favorite meal ever.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Well, just applied at Petsmart for a bather position, and just wrote up my cover letter and resume for a veterinary assistant position...let the job hunt begin! Now I get to drive around to the vet clinics in town and hope they're hiring...

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I got a 100% on my final test in Strengths and Materials! :D

Now, as long as I didn't miss 4 classes than I get a 4.0. However, I'm not sure if I missed 3 or 4 O_O lol oh well, I'll do well on the final even if I have to take it!

Saeleofu

I have an interview with another zoo! It's a phone interview, but I'll take that over driving out to western Kansas for a 30 minute interview.

Last edited:

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Part of my bloodwork came back and my thyroid function is low. Not *good* news exactly, but it's good to me because it makes a lot of sense for how I've been feeling, AND it's something that I can actually treat. It's not so much a vague "hey, I'm depressed again even though I'm on the same meds that have worked for so long" that I don't really know how to approach.

Plus if it has something to do with my weight, that would be awesmome... but I'm not kidding myself that the weight is mostly, if not entirely, from my love of cupcakes ;) I'm more concerned about the depression and fatigue aspect of it.

Members online