Election Results

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
:lol-sign: At least that means you don't have to wait for results!!

My voting took like 10 seconds today, I only filled in three bubbles. Prez, Voter ID, Marriage Amendment.
I probably wouldn't care so much about the voter ID except that I was only able to vote today because something like it hasn't passed in the past.
lmao pretty much. "Judges? School board? Soil and water conservation? DON'T KNOW!!"

Just saw this and felt it was appropriate.
Yes! I've seen a lot of "I'm losing friends over this blah blah". Why? Did you become friends with that person BECAUSE of their political views? No? Then why lose friends over it.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I have no clue, but some of these people are crazy. I can link you to it in a PM if you'd like.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I keep reading this thread title as "Erection Results". And then wondering why a thread that is obviously :spam: keeps getting replies.

That's all.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
lmao pretty much. "Judges? School board? Soil and water conservation? DON'T KNOW!!"
I particularly liked the ones with no opponent, just one person running.

"Pshh, I'd never vote for THAT GUY, I'm totally voting for...oh, wait. Crap!"

Next time local elections roll around I am keeping tabs and voting for whatever candidates send me LESS junk mail.

Also, I want to know how the heck people get into my LOCKED apartment building to campaign for these people. They automatically aren't getting my vote. And Frodo doesn't appreciate them. "I'm sorry but my dog doesn't like you, therefore you've lost my vote." :mad:

zoe08

I personally did not like either, though I did give in and vote Romney, because I believed he was the lesser of the 2 evils, even though I don't believe our votes really count.

The results didn't surprise me at all. Though the electoral college pisses me off. How is it an accurate representation of the people's vote, if the people's vote is so close it keeps going back and forth on who is leading with the difference only in the tens of thousands, yet there is a 100 vote difference in the electoral college? If a state is basically 50/50 like say Florida, it shouldn't be that one of the other wins it, they should split the electoral college votes in the state so that it accurately represents the voters. or abolish the electoral college and wait until ALL the votes are in and use popular vote.

As far as social issues go, I actually think that in this election, social issues are the least of our worries. Right now I am much more concerned about the financial state our country is in, than I am about all the social issues.

Lyzelle

The results didn't surprise me at all. Though the electoral college pisses me off. How is it an accurate representation of the people's vote....
Because you are supposed to vote for your Congress leaders AND the President. You're supposed to vote all the way across the board, not just pick and choose and spread salt about how the "system is broken".

It's not broken. The people vote in their Congress leaders who in turn put in their Electoral Votes. Now, if you didn't vote for anyone in Congress...it's not much different than not voting for President and then complaining.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
As far as social issues go, I actually think that in this election, social issues are the least of our worries. Right now I am much more concerned about the financial state our country is in, than I am about all the social issues.
:hail: :hail: :hail:

We literally just said this.

Woooww. Just read this online from a screenshot from a "republican" forum.

"demographics aren't dooming Republicans-- women voters are dooming Republicans"

YOU'RE D*MN RIGHT WE ARE.

Err, voting our convictions, as it were. Rather.
And that's what happens when you let us wimmen wear shoes and get out of the kitchen long enough to vote ;)

Romy

Taxiderpy
Because you are supposed to vote for your Congress leaders AND the President. You're supposed to vote all the way across the board, not just pick and choose and spread salt about how the "system is broken".

It's not broken. The people vote in their Congress leaders who in turn put in their Electoral Votes. Now, if you didn't vote for anyone in Congress...it's not much different than not voting for President and then complaining.
Except that congress leaders don't get elected by a 100% majority. They're often split as close as the presidential candidates, so when they're pulling in narrow wins themselves it's still roughly half the population of the state not getting represented.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
I'm pleased to see that Michele Bachman may be getting the boot! I have to keep Steve King. Boo.

I assume that you are not gay and having your rights trampled on. If you were, you might find it to be very important. I myself am not, but people who I love are. I find it horrific that they are not granted the same rights I am.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I assume that you are not gay and having your rights trampled on. If you were, you might find it to be very important. I myself am not, but people who I love are. I find it horrific that they are not granted the same rights I am.
This. And I live in Indiana and am ecstatic that Mr. "a baby conceived through rape is a gift from God" Mourdock didn't make it.

I know politicians aren't saints, including Obama, but as blatantly as Romney lied his way through his campaign - I would have been so upset if he won.

First time I voted for an R in a long time, if ever for POTUS and I am ambivalent that Obama won. I guess the presses at the mint will keep chugging along at the current speed.

I am pissed we didnt get a State Constitutional Convention, again.

This. And I live in Indiana and am ecstatic that Mr. "a baby conceived through rape is a gift from God" Mourdock didn't make it.
I know at least one "baby conceived through rape" that is a very loved member of his family and Im sure is glad to be among us today.

ACooper

I know at least one "baby conceived through rape" that is a very loved member of his family and Im sure is glad to be among us today.
I know one or two myself blue :)

And FTR that is not what was said, it was twisted out of shape. As a hoosier, I am beyond sick of hearing all the variations of it as you can imagine that is all we've heard for weeks.

But hey, that's the way to campaign right? No need to have your own virtues if you can exploit someone elses flaws.....real or fictional. And no, I really couldn't care less about Mourdock, just another American who's sick of it being ok to twist words (or outright lie) and not have to answer for it.....on either side.

Very thankful the elections over.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I know one or two myself blue :)

And FTR that is not what was said, it was twisted out of shape. As a hoosier, I am beyond sick of hearing all the variations of it as you can imagine that is all we've heard for weeks.

But hey, that's the way to campaign right? No need to have your own virtues if you can exploit someone elses flaws.....real or fictional. And no, I really couldn't care less about Mourdock, just another American who's sick of it being ok to twist words (or outright lie) and not have to answer for it.....on either side.

Very thankful the elections over.
See, I heard the whole thing in context and was still horrified by the statement. The man really didn't leave that much to twist IMHO. I was not going to vote for him anyway, as I'm a fan of Donnelly, but it was a total :yikes: moment for me as an Indiana resident. There were other state elections I wish had gone differently, but over all I can't complain.

ACooper

See, I heard the whole thing in context and was still horrified by the statement. The man really didn't leave that much to twist IMHO. I was not going to vote for him anyway, as I'm a fan of Donnelly, but it was a total :yikes: moment for me as an Indiana resident. There were other state elections I wish had gone differently, but over all I can't complain.
As I said, I am not a Mourdock fan in the LEAST.......but for WEEKS that ONE statement has been played, replayed, twisted and shoved down our throats. Ugh.

Seriously, I would MUCH rather hear what YOU can do than hear about something stupid 'the other guy' did. It says NOTHING about your abilities or character when all you got is someone else's mistakes *shrugs*

And with that, I am out of politics again.........I normally stay out, hold my opinions to myself 'cause in the voting booth that's all that matters, but that statement has REALLY gotten under my skin this election.

SpringerLover

:lol-sign: At least that means you don't have to wait for results!!

My voting took like 10 seconds today, I only filled in three bubbles. Prez, Voter ID, Marriage Amendment.
I probably wouldn't care so much about the voter ID except that I was only able to vote today because something like it hasn't passed in the past.
Samesies on the voter ID one.

Members online