breeding with a golden retriever, pure pup ?

i have a female dog she is a mix ... but there a alot of golden retriever in her...so wat is we breed our dog to a golden retriever wat puppies would come out ? could a pure bred golden retriever could come out ? is it possible ?

this was when my dog was a pup

here shes big

look at these pics and tell me .. can a pure breed golden come ?
thankyou

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
no you can NOT get a pure bred golden form breeing a golden to a mix, you will simply get more mixes.

please do not breed your girl, there are plenty of sweet "golden looking" mixes in shelters looking for homes, breeding should be done responsibly...this wouldnt be responsible breeding.

i didnt get wat u were sayin :S
please do not breed your girl, there are plenty of sweet "golden looking" mixes in shelters looking for homes, breeding should be done responsibly...this wouldnt be responsible breeding.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
She's saying do not breed your dog to another mix, to a golden, to anything. There's a lot of homeless retriever mixes as is, no need to add to them.

but we wont give the pups to some adoption centre .. we will keep them with us :S ... or we might give 2 or 3 to our cuz who lives next to us or some one else in the building only

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
You asked this on another dog forum already. The answers aren't going to change. No one who is educated about dogs will support bad breeding. It was also mentioned you mom apparently doesn't want more dogs. Breeding won't make your mom happier..

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
firstly, a dog of medium size can easily have 8 puppies in a good litter...are you realy saying you can promise to PERMINEINTLY home 8 or more puppies for the rest of their natural lives...
are you saying that should the poeple your planning on giving some of these puppies to are not able to keep them you will take them back and give them forever homes for the next 15 or so years?
are you saying your life will NEVER change in such a way that those puppies will FOREVER have a home with you...
are you saying you can afford to feed and properly VET possibly 8 or more dogs for the next 15+ years?!

if your mother doesnt want the dog...what makes you think shes going to want an entire pack of them running around?!

a GOOD and responsible breeder brees to better their breed, they breed to give something back to a breed they love, they do this by PROVING the parents, be it in conformation, feild trials, agility, hunting ect...
they also do this by doing a large number of health tests (and no were not talking "i took my dog to the vet, he says shes healthy enough to have puppies) were talking OFA, CERF, BAER, Pen Hip, Elbows, and a multitude of more done frequently (even after you stop breeding the dog...
a GOOD breeder is also responsible for the puppies they produce for the ENTIRETY of those puppies lives, that means if a dog looses its home YOUR take it back without question, ect...thats a LIFETIME commitment to ensure the dog isnt used for breeding, is getting veterinary care, is being properly looked after, has a good home, and again taking a dog back if the home isnt suitable, its family falls on hard times ect...

a good breeder does NOT breed dogs of unknown background, you dont know this dogs parents, or its grandpareants, for all you know one had hips so bad it couldnt walk after 4 years old, and the other may have been a biter...
a good breeder knows the dogs history, MANY generations back. Breeding a dog with an unknonw genetic history is like kicking a live bomb and hoping it wont go off...the risk is too great for any GOOD RESPONSIBLE breeder to even consider...

and then theres more to consider...
like what happens if your girl has complications during the delivery, are you and your family willing, and capable of shelling out a couple of thousand dollars for a c-section? what about dew claws, puppy shots and dewormings and the cost of raising a litter? are you prepared for all that? what happens if shes a bad mother, are you willing to get up every couple of hours to feed a potentially large number of screaming puppies even in the middle of the night, when you have school/work early the next day for 3-4 weeks?! what about puppy clean up...they poop and pee alot, is there going to be someone home all day for the 8 weeks MINIMUM that it takes for a puppy to be old enough to go to its new home? What if one of the puppies is born with a disability? are you capable of putting in the extra time and care into helping that little puppy thrive?

breeding is not something to take lightly...

breeding a mix to any dog (pure or not) will NOT produce any pure bred puppies...

you seem young, and hopefully your here to learn (and not here hopign someone will tell you its a good idea, because i assure you, thats NOT going to happen), if your interested in breeding dogs thats wonderfull, there are many people on this forum who can teach, lead and generally let you knwo HOW to go about breeding responsibly...
IF your willing to learn that is...

but this girl, no she should not be bred, mixes, in general shouldnt be bred unless its by someone with a great deal of dedication whos hoping for something VERY specific, get her spayed and enjoy her as a pet.

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
whoa...ok...

**Spelling Edited by Mod**

secondly, no, if you have a mixed breed dog it will have mixed breed puppies. no, it cannot have pure bred puppies.

And you may want to spay your dog. The more heats a dog has, the more likely it will be to have pyometra.

Last edited by a moderator:

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
please dont breed while millions in shelters die! if you want more dogs, go to the shelter and save some from death!

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
:rolleyes:
i swear, if there's a day that goes by that I DON'T get in trouble for something it's been a good day. :rofl1:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
It's not that YOU got into trouble, just that the issue you commented on was fixed, which made part of your post invalid. No trouble, just clean-up. :)

Lolas Dad

Good god we do not need anymore BYB's. Do yourself and all of mankind a favor and consult a reputable breeder and let them tell you why they breed and what you are planning on doing is so wrong on so many levels.

Where is the puke symbol when you need one?. :confused:

Boemy

OP, please listen to the responses people have been giving you on this board and (it sounds like) another board. Breeding your dog is a bad idea. How are you going to feel if your dog dies because you can't afford a Caesarean section (which I'm guessing you can't afford)? Anyway, there are enough mixed breed dogs dying in animal shelters. Adopt one of them if you want another dog.

Lolas Dad

You posted the same question on a new thread in this category. Your question has been answered.

Now all you need to do is have it done.

Maxy24

what is the meaning of spay your dog .. wats spay
To spay or de-sex is to remove the uterus and ovaries of the dog so she cannot have babies anymore. Dogs can have LOTS of puppies, too many for most people to keep and it can be hard to find good homes for all of them where they will be cared for and loved. I know you would not want your dog's puppies or her puppy's puppies to end up on the street or in a pound. there are a lot of homeless dogs and we don't need more from your dog. Do not let her have babies please. Remember also that dogs can have trouble giving birth and the mom and babies may die, plus puppies cost a lot of money to feed and take to the vet.

Members online

No members online now.