Who has a house cleaner?

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
They send a team of 3 over for $110, which is about market price here. I have them come in every other week . . . . because they are a group, they are in and out in about 45 minutes . . .

Since I trust no one to bring the dogs in and out and such, I need to be here, so 45 minutes is fantastic.

CaliTerp07

I just got a groupon today for a cleaning service--"3 man hours of cleaning for $75, normal price $175"

So yeah, definitely not $10-15/hour. I assume that means it's either an hour for a 3 person team, or 3 hours for a single person, etc.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I just got a groupon today for a cleaning service--"3 man hours of cleaning for $75, normal price $175"

So yeah, definitely not $10-15/hour. I assume that means it's either an hour for a 3 person team, or 3 hours for a single person, etc.
Companies generally cost more money than a person on care.com doing it. So yeah, if you hire a company that price seems about right. They have worker's comp insurance to pay for, payroll taxes, products, training, an office, etc, etc.

A person doing it themself has way less in overhead to pay for, which is why it costs less. Do you really think the cleaning companies pay their employees more than $10-15 an hour to clean? Minimum wage here is $7.15 I believe.

Members online

No members online now.