pepper

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
slick as a seal

her leg is all better

I am thinking she looks pretty darn good for her prime.

She sure wishes I would let her chase some squirrels and a certain raccoon at dusk. Fool me once is what I tell her, she won't get out that door even on a leash by sunset.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
It isn't often I get a pic that really shows the colors in her coat. I think it's so pretty, and even her nose is dark burnt umber not black. Her leg is sound, and if you didn't know it had happened you wouldn't be able to guess. The scar is for the most part furred over, and she seems to be a hundred percent. Hopefully we will be going to the dog park with Zoom and Sawyer in August, that will be the final test. I have forgotten how long I have had her, but she seems like a dog around 7 ish, which would be at her prime. I am pleased with her. not as muscled as she was when we were running every day, but I can only do what i can now. It's going to be different without Victor being able to see. Pepper seems very happy just to hang out in the garden, soak herself in teh sun, and get her morning walk. So if it at least maintains her weight to this level, it can't be too bad. She was so well behaved at the parade that I was very proud to be the other end of the leash. I couldn't have asked for a better behaved dog in a crowd. Petted by many and surprisingly kept that tongue under control with only very minor gentle licks on hands, not full on assault or popping up to plant one on the kisser. That has been the hardest thing in the world for her to learn.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Pepper is so beautiful!

I found a pic when I met you at Grammy's back in June 2008. This is when I think you first got Pepper. Here's a pic with Vic:

When I went back to find this pic, I also found a one of a very special girl who I'm so glad I got to meet, Mary:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
yup, that electronic collar didn't do it alone, it did slow her down a bit, it was a sound burst, but she figured it out even tho we followed the instructions as they were written. It still took going back to ground 0 and starting with several time daily obedience practice, with Mary and Victor helping. I don't know if I ever would have reached her without their help. She was such a hard core run away dog.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THe collar was awful, the training was a summer of focus, and more time spent in the yard without a fence with one eye on the dog at all times, nothing I would ever recommend to anyone else...but I do love that now she is mature, and we can go out, and she just is happy to hang out. She knows she can't go into the woods or behind the building without someone. She sticks around, and always comes when she is called, not always quickly, she can poke along to my exasperation, but she is solid and dependable and I love her with all my heart. click for vid

This is how she spent her morning. just milling around and sunny bathing while the babies played.

Members online

No members online now.