The Venting Thread

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I've found that by repeating how I WANT to feel to myself, it really helps (this is long term of course...unfortunately, years LOL). Example, if I am SUPER nervous about a job interview - I just repeat to myself I've done a ton, I almost always get offered a job, I know what I'm doing, I am a good fit etc etc I kind of sell myself...to myself. That goes for almost anything...seriously, took me about 1-2 years but now it's so annoyingly natural that my positive friends sometimes snap at me for being so optimistic (I used to be the girl that no one told things to because I was SUCH a pessimist).

I just have this tendency to obsess. Omg Mia stepped weird her knees are going out and he'll be crippled her whole life and I won't get to do agility and have a fun hobby and omg.

Or my car is making a funny noise ergo I'm going to have to spend thousands and push house plans back.

Or or or....

I always find something to worry about.

crazedACD

Hopefully she will suggest another vet in town who is competent enough to handle an eye problem and I won't have to go to them. Because otherwise I will probably cry when I get there, sit through the entire appointment suspicious and possibly making a face like this:

and then probably cry again when I leave.
Where did you end up going?

I wanted to get Romeo in two weeks for the bites to his leg, I called my regular vet and she couldn't see me until late that evening. I would have had to take off work early, and he was really really ouchy and in pain. So I bit the bullet and called the big multi-vet hospital that can always get me in right away, I pretty much had that face the entire time. I could just feel my bank account crying, they charge double for services that everyone else charges. $35 to shave and flush his leg (I already flushed it, doh). They said oh, since you do annual bloodwork anyway, do you want to do it today to save on the exam fee for next time? Full bloodwork there is $250...compared to $115 at most other vet hospitals. :rolleyes: I'm glad I was able to get him in but it just costs way too much there.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I had to do that too a while back - when they went to do the scan it was too full! LOL So obnoxious!
Well, my uterus didnt want to play ball, so I got to have a wee :D it's tilted apparently.

And they did an internal :(

Eta, think we found a small dermoid cyst! Yummmmmmmy. She's says its very small and looks fatty and I have to go back in 3 months for another violation of my lady bits!

Wonky womb and freaky cysts, sounds about right!!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Well, my uterus didnt want to play ball, so I got to have a wee :D it's tilted apparently.

And they did an internal :(
Possibly TMI, but mine is, too! Weird body parts those uteri!

Hope all is well, even if you had to have the full shebang exam. At least it's over?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Possibly TMI, but mine is, too! Weird body parts those uteri!

Hope all is well, even if you had to have the full shebang exam. At least it's over?
Oh I added an eta.

Small dermoid cyst they think! I hope it doesn't grow a face :yikes:

Another scan in 3 months to see if it changes....

I'm happy it's not anything sinister or pcos!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
My uterus is (or was, pre-Falon) tilted too!! I wonder how common that is.
I found this:

Answer
When a nurse or doctor describes your womb (uterus) as retroverted they're referring to its position within the pelvis.
The uterus is attached to the top of the vagina and, in the majority of women, tends to lie forwards (anteverted) above the bladder.
However, in a significant proportion of women (about 15 per cent) it has a tendency to tilt backwards, more in line with the vagina itself, and this is what is meant by retroverted.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Where did you end up going?
Auggie's breeder suggested another vet in the area so I called them. He had a single work-in appointment available so I snagged it. When I got there the tech asked me who my normal vet was so I told her both of my other vets, and she laughed in disbelief and said "And they wouldn't work you in like we did? For an EYE PROBLEM? And you're a new patient here!"

They were incredibly nice. The doc did a mini exam on Pay besides just looking right at his eye. Payton's eye is structurally fantastic, we did a stain, no scratches... just some minor conjunctivitis. He gave us neomycin to treat it anyway because he said "If you wake up tomorrow and he's started pawing at it through the night, now you have a bigger problem, so we'll just start treating the symptoms now." He wanted to hear back about if it got better but said we don't need to come in for a re-check.

The tech was so funny, the doc walked in and she goes "Okay before we do anything else, can you just look at how nice and skinny this dog is??" Everybody always freaks out about now non-fat my shelties are. He has gained FIVE pounds since I put him on Verus which is super awesome. He's at a really good weight right now.

I came in to work to an e-mail from my boss instructing me to not send him any e-mails over 50 words.
What.
There's a large case of Not Cool going around.

Seriously......yes I can work the ENTIRE apparel depo. by myself if there isnt more then 6 pallets even though there is supposed to be at least 3 people over there and not only get my stock up but zone (fold billions of clothes lol) as well and be out right at 7am. But that does not mean I can stock infants and THEN go do all of that or worse stock infants then apparel think I am done and then you bring me another at 5 or 6 AM and then yell at me for not being able to get it all up!

Arrrg vent vent bitchy vent

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
And my co-worker/friend just got here and told me last night after I left (and I was here late since I took off for a bit to run Payton to the vet), Boss called and yelled at HIM about ME sending Boss a long e-mail instead of calling.
Seriously?

I don't even know what's going on anymore.

He was just going through all his e-mails from overnight and must have come across his own cranky-inducing e-mail because he just said "Okay, I don't know what's going on and maybe I've just been in a bad mood, but if Boss is going to insist on making EVERYTHING we do more difficult, I'm going to insist on NOT talking to him."

LARGE case of Not Cool. =/

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Haha, I'd be tempted to write an email that just stopped abruptly at 50 words right in the middle of a sentence.
Another friend suggested I make sure every e-mail I send is precisely 51 words LOL.

He has claimed before that it "takes too much of my time" to write e-mails. I type over 120 WPM last time I was tested so no, not really. Also whenever I'm on the phone with him it's like AT LEAST a thirty minute conversation, whereas the e-mail takes maybe five minutes to think about a response and then type it out. INCORRECT SIR.

Taqroy

My doc said it's pretty common and they can be tilted back (like mine) or even forward! Pregnancy/birth does change positioning tho.
My previous OB informed me (gleefully) that a tipped back uterus usually results in back labor. Sadly she was right in my case and back labor suuuuuucks. I'm not saying this as a scare tactic, just something to prepare for cause I know there are methods for easing it.

He has claimed before that it "takes too much of my time" to write e-mails. I type over 120 WPM last time I was tested so no, not really. Also whenever I'm on the phone with him it's like AT LEAST a thirty minute conversation, whereas the e-mail takes maybe five minutes to think about a response and then type it out. INCORRECT SIR.
I just hate it when it takes too much of my time at work to do my job, don't you?

:/

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Buh, migraine. I'm such a freaking idiot... generally only certain foods trigger them, I know what most of those triggers are, I go "oooh, chocolate!" and eat it anyways.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I just hate it when it takes too much of my time at work to do my job, don't you?

:/
Haha, yeah... I really don't know what's going on anymore. For the last two weeks I just show up, get snarked at, insulted, told I'm doing everything wrong or not doing enough, and I don't say anything and just do what I'm told.

I'm not sure what has happened in the last month but I am fondly remembering the days that I felt respected and valued... it's... weird.

Members online