The Venting Thread

We put in a KILLER offer on a home that we really liked. Offered $46,000 ABOVE asking price because it was perfect for us.

We heard the verdict today, someone else put in a higher bid. :yikes: I am so bummed and sad, this housing market is insane.

I'm right at the start of a **** load of dental work I was so excited to finally be able to afford and I did not predict what a bad time it would be. I got braces at the beginning of the month and had two teeth removed yesterday, two more being removed next week. This **** is miserable.

Locke

We put in a KILLER offer on a home that we really liked. Offered $46,000 ABOVE asking price because it was perfect for us.

We heard the verdict today, someone else put in a higher bid. :yikes: I am so bummed and sad, this housing market is insane.
I totally understand how you feel. Keep trying and do your best to keep a level head when in multiple offer situations.
When we were looking, homes we loved went for $100,000+ over asking, and the house was already on the expensive side of things!

There is the perfect house out there for you! Don't give up hope!

I totally understand how you feel. Keep trying and do your best to keep a level head when in multiple offer situations.
When we were looking, homes we loved went for $100,000+ over asking, and the house was already on the expensive side of things!

There is the perfect house out there for you! Don't give up hope!
Thanks! We are lucky, I guess, we have a home now. Space for the dogs and horses. We just wanted something that was not a mile down a dirt road. This one was just SO cute, I LOVED it. Sigh

I DO believe things happen or don't happen for a reason. Just wish I knew what it was.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I want to be able to enjoy my dog! We should be out and playing and walking, training, showing and it feels like he hasn't left the house in MONTHS. And I hope it doesn't mess him up socially. Another 3 weeks till his check up. And we could still have another 6 weeks after that :(

joce

Thanks! We are lucky, I guess, we have a home now. Space for the dogs and horses. We just wanted something that was not a mile down a dirt road. This one was just SO cute, I LOVED it. Sigh

I DO believe things happen or don't happen for a reason. Just wish I knew what it was.
Same thing keeps happening to us :( perfect house last year and think it was thirty over we offered. People are fighting over the acerage and a decent house here. And it's few and far between a nice place comes up.

We would love to be down a dirt road though lol!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
My suv smells like rotting flesh badly.

Thursday night I was driving home and ran over an already dead deer. There was no way I could avoid her since there were cars on either side of me and I was driving too fast to slow down in time.

When I drove over her my car was lifted up a little and I felt something underneath me snap. Maybe it was one of her legs snapping? I don't know. Even though she was already dead I felt terrible driving over her and I was also worried about the potential damage to the under carriage of my car.

I got home and went to bed. I was off work yesterday and just stayed home. When Josh got home early from work he asked me if I wanted to go see a movie so we walked out to my car. That's when I noticed that there is red stringy crap all over my car. It's all over the bottom half of my vehicle and I'm sure underneath it as well. I got in my car and it smells like something has been rotting in there for weeks now. I can understand it stinking outside the car since it was sitting in the sun all day baking, but I can't get over how bad it smells inside the car.

Car wash places were already closed so I couldn't take it straight to a car wash. Going to on my way to work, but don't know how I'm going to get that nasty rotting smell out of the inside of my car. :(

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Been crying all day, just feel unbearably, sad......

I have nothing to do with my time now that the trailer is set up but sit and stew...

I should walk, do something.... But I walked with Foster, read a book and relaxed with Diamond, I just can't figure out what to do with myself, it's like the shock is wearing off and now I'm lost....
*hug* I can't even imagine, Laura.. We are here for you.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
We had to kick a dog out of the store today for soaking three shelves of product with urine.

Oh and he was a service dog too. Ugh. It was awkward as the lady shopped at my old store for her old service dog who passed away and knows me. This is her new one and he wasn't paying attention at all and he was all over the place lifting his leg.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I'm sad that I have decided to take my cat off raw. It solved the issue I needed it to, but it has created 2 extra issues that aren't any more fun to deal with... so I'm looking for that magical food that will fix EVERYTHING. Boo.

And it was like... hot today. My body needs 50 degree weather before it can adjust to 70 degree weather lol. I was gonna take Juno for a bike ride but she seemed like she was having a difficult time with the dramatic jump too, so that'll have to wait for another day...

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
If you come to this city and don't stand on the right and let people walk up the left of the escalator I will SHIV YOU WITH A PENCIL LIKE THIS IS A TURKISH PRISON!!!

THERE ARE SIGNS! WITH PICTURES!

Jenne

Ball Thrower
I called 3 apartments today and all 3 stated that, "A dog is fine, but we don't accept cats." WTF? That's ridiculous. Added to that, the two roommate situations I called ALSO don't accept cats, but will accept the dog. Jeez.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I called 3 apartments today and all 3 stated that, "A dog is fine, but we don't accept cats." WTF? That's ridiculous. Added to that, the two roommate situations I called ALSO don't accept cats, but will accept the dog. Jeez.
THIIIIIIIIIS.
We're looking to move in the semi-near future, and everywhere it says "No cats." My aunt suggested getting rid of them. :yikes: Hells to the no!
My mom had something to do with managing an apartment building. I can't remember exactly what she did, but anyway, she told me almost every time someone with cats moved out, the carpet would reek of cat urine enough to have to replace the carpet, and the walls would be scratched. So I understand it from that point, but still! A) Not all cats leave a huge mess and B) Cat owners need to live somewhere too. >.<

Jenne

Ball Thrower
THIIIIIIIIIS.
We're looking to move in the semi-near future, and everywhere it says "No cats." My aunt suggested getting rid of them. :yikes: Hells to the no!
My mom had something to do with managing an apartment building. I can't remember exactly what she did, but anyway, she told me almost every time someone with cats moved out, the carpet would reek of cat urine enough to have to replace the carpet, and the walls would be scratched. So I understand it from that point, but still! A) Not all cats leave a huge mess and B) Cat owners need to live somewhere too. >.<
My mom is willing to take them. Her cat died a year ago and she misses him, then her dog is getting old; around 14 years old, I think. If he passes she'll be pet less and I don't think she's been pet less as long as I've lived. Its a passable solution for me. But how the heck would I get them from VA to CT without paying ridiculous amounts of money?

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
My mom is willing to take them. Her cat died a year ago and she misses him, then her dog is getting old; around 14 years old, I think. If he passes she'll be pet less and I don't think she's been pet less as long as I've lived. Its a passable solution for me. But how the heck would I get them from VA to CT without paying ridiculous amounts of money?
Aww, it seems like it might be a really great thing for your mom to have them, and it looks like it works out for everyone. As to transport, I'm not experienced with cross-state traveling. You maybe could split the cost with your mom? It's something you might not be able to get out of, unless perhaps a rescue group might be willing to help with transport.
Good luck with everything. I wish I could be some help.

Members online

No members online now.