Choosing a handgun

ACooper

There are plenty of reasons I love my state and really don't want to move, and here is just one.....

A snippet from our code:
IC 35-41-3-2
Use of force to protect person or property

A person is justified in using reasonable force against any other person to protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person:
(1) is justified in using deadly force; and
(2) does not have a duty to retreat;
if the person reasonably believes that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony. No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary.
(d) A person:
(1) is justified in using reasonable force, including deadly force, against any other person; and
(2) does not have a duty to retreat;
if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other person's unlawful entry of or attack on the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle.
I like that we DO NOT have a duty to retreat, and I like that we can protect a 3rd party (family, friend, neighbor, etc) and I like that we are protected from legal action.

Last edited:

ACooper

Also, I found this..

states with STRONG Castle Doctrine and stand-your-ground laws include:
Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
states with limited, little, or no castle law or case law giving citizens the rights to protect their homes using force include:
California, Idaho, New York, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Iowa, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Virginia, Vermont, and Washington, D.C.
Dated July 2011, so somethings may have changed since then
http://source.southuniversity.edu/castle-doctrine-from-state-to-state-46514.aspx

Be sure to know and understand the Castle Doctrines in your state!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Also, I found this..

states with STRONG Castle Doctrine and stand-your-ground laws include:

states with limited, little, or no castle law or case law giving citizens the rights to protect their homes using force include:

Dated July 2011, so somethings may have changed since then
http://source.southuniversity.edu/castle-doctrine-from-state-to-state-46514.aspx

Be sure to know and understand the Castle Doctrines in your state!
Hells yeah ... They have tried to re write that many times but we have always resisted that ... I like that I can interpret if someone is threatening or not. Of course in the cities it's different due to the large availability of police but I think the only different thing is you hav to prove that the person has malicious intent.

Members online

No members online now.