Art Unleashed 2012

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
This is their 100th year of service and I want to do good by them. So far this is what I have come up with. If all three turn out, then all three will go. Surely one will be something I can be proud of.
THis is Taffy, inspired by Taffy who is up for adoption, she says Mawr Paweese.

Old dog with a heart of gold...will be black, lots of mica with hopefully a white face.

and for VIctor, a Pointer dreaming
so far this and old dog have survived their first firings with no cracks or other problems.

this is Taffy.
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21471184

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THe pointer is my favorite. IT is easier when you have the model right in front of you and you can say now how does this bone go, and does that muscle bunch up if the leg goes this way....the other, I can only try for the best. I sure hope Old dog works in the firing like I have it in my head. I put a ton of the surface trying for Mary's silver ears. Fingers crossed. NOthing is getting fired outside until this drought is over with. My neighbor throwing her cigarettes out without extinguishing them is making me paranoid enough.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
~shivver~ yeah to easy to spark the world up that away , i just know the mary will come thru . I just know they will all be perfect for this special anniversary! I cant wait to see what all is available.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Hope all the firings go well and they turn out just like you want them to. You do such awesome works of art.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
made with both in mind, thanks for seeing this...and it's definitely Neccy's way of looking at me with a chuckle. I also looked at her loose skin under her neck and such.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I would love to buy the pointer. Omg. If I saw that in a store I would snatch it up in a heartbeat.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He went to the guild today with a page of written stuff...please don't handle unless your a kiln tech so you don't smear his spots...please put him on the second shelf facing the wall where I have had the best luck..and a drawing of where that place was..please put him in Paul or Elly's care and not on the public shelf so he doesn't get stolen. Now I will worry for 2 weeks because that is what I do best. I put the iron oxide on so carefully, trying to duplicate what I did last time, flickering it for speckles off of the tip of a tiny brush. He is just right for desk tops in offices...and pointer art is popular, so I hope for a good donation. I think it is my best piece to date. I hate leaving my work in progress in other people's hands. If I screw it up, I can be steaming mad at myself for a long time, but I don't want to feel that way about anyone else. ONe year someone stole a piece that a friend made for the totem. I got a feeling it must have turned out really nice. Not like we will ever know. I like so much about the guild, except for how they put out finished work. The honor system is fine if it is a children's class and the pieces are thick and obviously done by small people but when I spend a week working on something and I don't even get to see how it turns out, I get pretty angry. IT is the main reason I switched to raku.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am trying Benzyl thank you. : )

Me too Bax, I would like to see it finished too..exactly the way I want it to be, no surprises.

I have been asked to do a piece for the hospital art auction that has helped Hyia find her way back to herself and to me. So I am turning it over in my head. THey need it the end of august so I haven't much time.

AT least this way, my art is making a difference for someone. Art auctions are big fund raisers here. The profit from the event as much as the purchase of the donation. I sure hope they break a record amount at Au for their hundredth year. . I haven't missed one year in ten and I know even tho I am ill, that if I can still do this, I still have not lost what I consider to be the real me. Hurt and homeless has always been my cause.

Members online

No members online now.