Temporarily rescued some abandoned pups. Advice?

On Friday afternoon my dad found 3 abandoned pups near his yard. Poor things were left hungry, terrified, and COVERED in fleas. He caught them and brought them home. We bathed them (twice), fed them and dewormed them. I need advice on finding them a home/foster home. My mother in law may take one because she has been talking about getting another dog. I did call a shelter to get some info (NOT sending them to a shelter) and they gave me a number to a local foster agency but any advice on sources for finding foster homes if this agency can't help (they were closed today. calling tomorrow). I have NO experience rescuing strays and rehoming them. My dad doesn't really want to have them more than a week or two and I cannot bring them here so I need to find them a good place with experienced dog people quickly and I don't really know many.

I guess I need advice on good sources for finding homes/foster homes with educated dog people and advice on screening people who are interested. What to ask, what to watch out for, red flags, etc.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
What size are they and how old? That helps to narrow down the type of home for them.

Maybe advertise them for a small rehome fee that you can donate somewhere.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Craigslist is honestly great for private rehomes. You have to screen like crazy, but that is how I placed all of my independent fosters and they all went to fabulous homes.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Look into rescues near by, like a couple hours away. You may find someone to take them. It's what I was able to do with my stray puppy, and worked out fabulously. Good luck! :)

They are all black lab mix pups. About 6/7 weeks old. I can't believe I forgot to mention that. I did put an ad on CL, which I was extremely apprehensive about but I figured I didn't have to give them to anyone. I have had no interest. I didn't call the foster group today because my MIL won't know if she is takin one until tomorrow and I want to know how many dogs to tell them need homes. I'll call tomorrow. Thanks. Any more input is welcome.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Will your vet let you put up a sign in his office on a bulletin board?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
If they're all black lab mixes (and look like labs), you could try contacting an Lab rescue. Rescues tend to be more apt to take in puppies (that are or look purebred), because they are highly adoptable. All depends on whether or not a foster home is available, though.

Members online

No members online now.