My poor baby :(

MyLilly1

Has anyone ever felt with this? My poor Lilly was diagnosed with it a couple weeks ago. The vet said she could outgrow it or it could last the rest of her life. He has her on meds for it but she can only take it every other day instead of daily like most dogs because she is so small. I don't care how "patchy" her fur is, I just get her pretty little dresses to cover it LOL She's my baby and I love her no matter what, can dogs still live a normal, healthy life with this?

Doberluv

Has anyone ever felt with this? My poor Lilly was diagnosed with it a couple weeks ago.
You left out the condition she was diagnosed with. I hope she is comfortable and that it is a condition that is successfully treated or managed. It's such a worry when things go wrong with our dogs.

MyLilly1

Oh goodness,sorry. She has demodectic mange. Her vet said that since she left mom at 4 weeks her immune system may not have been strong enough to cope with the mites

Saeleofu

In the long run demodex is really not a big deal. Treat it, and it goes away.

Now the problem - are you sure it's 10mg ivermectin? That seems like a LOT of ivermectin for a dog, let alone such a little dog.

I once had a chihuahua foster puppy that had demodex, he weighed under 5 pounds. He still got dosed every day, it was just a dose appropriate to his size.

MyLilly1

The bottle says ivomec 10 but the dosage is 0.06 ml every 48 hrs......its hard to get her to swollow it too, we hold her and squirt the dose into her mouth but then it looks like she "licks" it out LOL she hates it

Members online

No members online now.