Opie pictures

noludoru

Bored Now.
for Renee and all the other Opie fans here... it's hard not to be an Opie fan. :p

Sitting pretty for treat...

Blink!

Drooly face..

noludoru

Bored Now.
He is, Renee. *sigh*

PDub, as far as we know he's fear-aggressive. He seems to have some protective instincts, but I'm not entirely sure I'd say you're safe when he's with you. I'd have to see him in a home environment first.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
He is, Renee. *sigh*

PDub, as far as we know he's fear-aggressive. He seems to have some protective instincts, but I'm not entirely sure I'd say you're safe when he's with you. I'd have to see him in a home environment first.
Yeah, he was returned last weekend for "biting the husband, a relative who came to visit, the son, he doesn't like his collar touched, and he's protective."

I think they might have expected too much from him too soon.

Sounds to me like Opie's had a really BAD experience with men sometime . . . They really need to educate themselves on screening for different breeds if they're going to refuse to let breed rescues assist :(

I'd love to work with you guys with Opie. Bet we'd have him confident and on the road to being a self-assured, social beast.

The key is his self-confidence, and that's where getting out and being social in non-threatening places with someone he trusts can be key.

Why don't you two PM Doc and talk to her about Opie and get her input?

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Yeah, I do think he's got some issues with men. Also, what do most people do when a dog is bad? They say "NO!" and that word sends Opie into panic mode, unfortunately.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I want a dog that looks intimidating more than a dog that is actually going to do something. I carry mace for that, lol.
Besides, my mom would flip sh!t if I brought another dog home right now. I just have to hold out until she leaves. *crosses fingers it's by January*

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I guess it's a good thing FOHA won't allow out-of-state adoptions, because I think I'd be selling a kidney to get him.

Members online