The Venting Thread

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I want another tattoo. I know what I want in the scheme of things, but not exactly. Part of me wants to tell the artist a gist of what I want and let them go with it.. another part of me is PLAN IT DOWN TO THE LAST POSSIBLE DETAIL BEFORE COMMITTING. Also, the placement of this tattoo makes me rethink another I was going to get... So do I try to combine them, or do I move the other elsewhere?! Questions, questions.

Drat.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Last night my computer crashed twice in a very short period of time. The errors I got mean either it was simply overheated or that the memory is failing. It's possible it's overheating, because the machine seems to run hot since they replaced the motherboard - the fans spin up a LOT. But I think the memory failing is likely too.

The good news is since I paid to extend my warranty back when the hard drive and mobo died, he's still under warranty and I can just take him to Best Buy and go FIX IT and it won't cost me anything extra.

The bad news is... that means I have to take it to Best Buy and go FIX IT. And that idea kinda makes my skin crawl, my head hurt, and my heart rate increase. I don't wanna. But since I spent that money already for the warranty, I kinda feel like I really need to do it. I spent that money, take advantage of it. Especially since I don't want to throw money at anybody else. So I have to go to Best Buy and deal with them. again.
ugh.

Also, now I'm thinking what else can fail? I've never had a computer start tanking like this and it kind of alarms me. My mom asked me if Best Buy still has a "three strikes" program - if they have to fix a warranty item three times, they just give you a new one. I have no idea but I wouldn't be opposed to just getting a new computer.
Ugh.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
How the hell can you sit there and be angry at the dog for going pee on the carpet when it hasn't gone outside for over 12 hours because you were too lazy to take him!?!?! :mad: Your excuse? "He held it for 12 hours but couldn't hold it for 5 minutes while I got his stuff to go outside?!" um...yeah....he was in the crate for the last 3 hours, he started peeing and just couldn't stop. I'll force YOU to not go to the bathroom for 12 hours and then let you go a little but then make you stop. Let's see how that works out for you! ARGH

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Last night my computer crashed twice in a very short period of time. The errors I got mean either it was simply overheated or that the memory is failing. It's possible it's overheating, because the machine seems to run hot since they replaced the motherboard - the fans spin up a LOT. But I think the memory failing is likely too.

The good news is since I paid to extend my warranty back when the hard drive and mobo died, he's still under warranty and I can just take him to Best Buy and go FIX IT and it won't cost me anything extra.

The bad news is... that means I have to take it to Best Buy and go FIX IT. And that idea kinda makes my skin crawl, my head hurt, and my heart rate increase. I don't wanna. But since I spent that money already for the warranty, I kinda feel like I really need to do it. I spent that money, take advantage of it. Especially since I don't want to throw money at anybody else. So I have to go to Best Buy and deal with them. again.
ugh.

Also, now I'm thinking what else can fail? I've never had a computer start tanking like this and it kind of alarms me. My mom asked me if Best Buy still has a "three strikes" program - if they have to fix a warranty item three times, they just give you a new one. I have no idea but I wouldn't be opposed to just getting a new computer.
Ugh.
I would be hammering Best Buy on that. You paid them to fix an issue, they seem to have created a new one, which in turn is causing more issues.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
My presumed carpal tunnel has been acting up again lately, and tonight as I was making leashes it just dawned on me that I probably shouldn't mention it to my doctor, because my insurance runs out at the end of the year. I most likely can't get it fixed before then, so mentioning it would just make a pre-exisitng condition for whatever insurance I may have next (if I have insurance...I'm starting to lose hope for a full time job by the end of the year, and I don't know if I qualify for KanCare).
Sael, talk to a chiropractor. Oftentimes what is made out to be carpal tunnel is actually one of the upper vertebrae out of alignment. If nothing else, it would be a fix that wouldn't go against your insurance and since it wouldn't actually be carpal tunnel, it wouldn't qualify as a pre-existing condition.

FG167

I'm restless and cranky. My job makes me really upset...kind of a lot.

I skipped the gym today because I was cranky. Now I'm cranky I skipped the gym.

I need to go to bed, I'm just unpleasant.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
They're running full diagnostics and so far no faults, passed mobo and memory tests. The guy on the phone just told me "it's probably the hard drive."
Well thanks for your completely worthless input not knowing anything about the symptoms but it's not you idiot.
Oh and SURPRISE the diagnostic tests take 24-48 hours. Nice of you to tell me that now.
I should have just run my own **** memory test.

I hate them all.

On top of that my dad went to his doctor because he had a swollen spot on his leg that he saw him about before, and the doctor was like "PROBABLY NOTHING" and away my dad went - well, it's changed, so he went back. The doctor starts ordering tests but is all "oh I STILL don't think it's a blood clot" and my dad is like "are you sure because I've been short of breath lately..."
"Oh."
So off they scoot to the main clinic, and my dad has blood clots in his lungs that spread from the now MASSIVE blood clot on his leg that this idiot doctor failed to properly diagnose months ago. This is the same doctor who gave me the fabulous "eat a bag of Doritos every day" advice when my sodium levels were so low I kept crashing so there's my opinion of him. So now my dad has injectable blood thinner he has to take for a week until the blood thinner pills will start working. I guess we should just be glad they weren't so bad they required surgery, because the nurses refused to let him eat lunch because "if the scan comes back with blood clots you have to go have surgery right away!" But it is apparently bad enough that he had to start the injections for the blood thinner to be used by his body right away.

I don't even want to talk about work.

everything. sucks.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I made a mistake at work, and I feel really bad about it. At the time I wasn't sure whether or not to do something and I went ahead and did it, and turns out I wasn't supposed to. :/ And I feel really bad. Cause I'm doing like...AWESOME at work. Like, they want to promote me to a position that would roughly be translated to assistant manager. I would basically be 2nd in command and helping run the program. And now I'm afraid of getting in trouble over this (basically I revealed that a student was special needs, and I wasn't supposed to). And another worker had to tell me that I wasn't supposed to do that, and now I feel really really bad about it. And I should have known better but in the moment, and the context, it just somehow didn't really seem like I was doing the wrong thing, but technically I was. Asdfgjkl.. Anyway, I'm hoping it won't be a big deal. It was a mistake, and it won't be made again.

Equinox

Was supposed to get something important in the mail today, but it didn't come. Tried to track it using the tracking number I was given but was told by the automated system that the number didn't exist. Crap.

Going to give it a couple more days before I start freaking out.

FG167

They're running full diagnostics and so far no faults, passed mobo and memory tests. The guy on the phone just told me "it's probably the hard drive."
Well thanks for your completely worthless input not knowing anything about the symptoms but it's not you idiot.
Oh and SURPRISE the diagnostic tests take 24-48 hours. Nice of you to tell me that now.
I should have just run my own **** memory test.

I hate them all.

On top of that my dad went to his doctor because he had a swollen spot on his leg that he saw him about before, and the doctor was like "PROBABLY NOTHING" and away my dad went - well, it's changed, so he went back. The doctor starts ordering tests but is all "oh I STILL don't think it's a blood clot" and my dad is like "are you sure because I've been short of breath lately..."
"Oh."
So off they scoot to the main clinic, and my dad has blood clots in his lungs that spread from the now MASSIVE blood clot on his leg that this idiot doctor failed to properly diagnose months ago. This is the same doctor who gave me the fabulous "eat a bag of Doritos every day" advice when my sodium levels were so low I kept crashing so there's my opinion of him. So now my dad has injectable blood thinner he has to take for a week until the blood thinner pills will start working. I guess we should just be glad they weren't so bad they required surgery, because the nurses refused to let him eat lunch because "if the scan comes back with blood clots you have to go have surgery right away!" But it is apparently bad enough that he had to start the injections for the blood thinner to be used by his body right away.

I don't even want to talk about work.

everything. sucks.
wow, that sounds horrible. You (and your dad) have my sympathy

Saeleofu

A client at work has been having some health problems and has to sell her house and rehome 3 of her 4 dogs. I am SO in love with one of her dogs (a chinese crested) and I SO wish I could take him. She has been begging me to take him for 3 years, and it just hasn't worked out yet because I STILL don't have my own place. But I want him SO BAD.

I'm going to make a post for the dogs in a little bit, so if anyone's interested in a chinese crested, papillon, or shih tzu... ;)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I am very sad tonight :(. Neice was supposed to visit next week... Something happened so she can't come. I have to break the news to Hannah tomorrow :(. I am heartbroken :(

Members online

No members online now.