Males vs Females for Dakotah :D

RD

Are you dead yet?
Of the dogs I've had and lived with, I have had that deep, intense, unconditional bond with my females, and not nearly so much with my males.

The females I've had and lived with have been a touch more moody and sharp tempered than the males. Some have been massive drama queens. lol

I don't have a preference. I love my individual dogs, though I guess if I had to choose blindly, I'd get another girl again one day.

Picklepaige

Hm, I'm not sure. I'd prefer having both in my life :)

I love both the independent bitchiness of females, and the "omg i luuurve yoouu" of males.

Looks wise, it depends on the breed. For most dogs, I really love the muscle and bone that an intact male has. But for some breeds, particularly the coated ones, I prefer the less coat and more feminine head that the females have.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Well I must say, Penny showed her true affection tonight.
I was sitting outside on a chair, she jumped in my lap, turned on her side, licked my face, and somehow turned on her back and just laid there. Like a baby. It was the most adorable thing ever.
Sadly I do not have a picture of this but goodness it was adorable lol

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I love males. I can't really put my finger on why, I just do. I'd take a good ol' boy over a girl any day.

JacksonsMom

BOYS! I don't know if I'll ever own a female dog again - at least for a while. Nothing necessarily against them, there's plenty of female dogs I love, but I mesh better with males. Less drama, less bitchiness/sneakiness in my experience, just like people, I guess, LOL.

I grew up with females and they always just did their own thing their way. They loved me, but the boys, I've found WORSHIP you. haha. I just connect with males better. Can't exactly explain it.

Funnily enough, too, all of my dogsitting clients I had for a while were boy dogs. And NONE lifted their leg. Only time Jackson lifts his leg is at the park, or on walks. At home he squats.

SarahHound

I really don't have a favourite, it all depends on the dog. Maybe slightly leaning more towards females for the bond, but without a doubt, they have been harder to train for me. Boys tend to want to please, they jut love you, whereas the girls like to test you first :p

Maddy was my heart dog, not because she was a girl, but simply because she was perfect.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Girls for sure. My four dogs (Rosie, Nikki, Summer, and Mia) have all been girls. I've lived with boys but love my girls with all their attitude and challenges. I like that all my girls have been a little sharper with the exception of Summer. The boys are all a little derpier and a little more lovey dovey. Mia and Nikki especially embody the kind of dog I like, which is sassy and in your face. A little bit naughty, complex and not always the easiest dog. But once you win them over you have the best **** dog ever. Mia and Summer are still clingy and Mia is really a goofbutt but she's also a little sharp too, which I like. She's not all happy all the time though (our boys are definitely all happy all the time).

That said nextdog will probably be a boy. The main reason being that I do not believe Mia would do well with a female that was along the lines of her or Nikki. She does well with Summer but Summer is the most submissive, easy going bitch I've ever had. I'm actually scared because this will be the first dog that is a boy that is mine. I'm worried that I won't bond the way I have with my four girl dogs.

The rest of my family has/likes boys. But they also like easier dogs than I do in most ways (activity level, temperament, etc).

Last edited:

StillandSilent

Boys! Before I had Argon, I didn't care as much, but he refuses to accept females in the house. Only dog I've ever met who was opposit sex agressive instead of same.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I am convinced Bodhi is a boy in disguise..... she has no female traits what so ever. She is STOOPID and clingy, and very puppy-like playful. Girls just wanna have fun, yano ;)

I have never owned a dog, but our next dog is planned to be. We shall see :) I am looking forward to having a wee boy :D He is not keeping his testiculars though. Snip snip.

I prefer males. I've had both, but I like the clingy, goofy, attitude that my boys have had. lol :) I like "velcro" dogs. I did have a male gsd X who was more aloof though. I have loved my females just the same though.

My boy Lugar is everything you described in males. Sometimes I look at his eyes and, to me, it's as if he is so astonished at what my husband and I are capable of LOL Particularly when he retrieves arrows for us.

Members online

No members online now.