sick puppy

roni

K-9 lover ;)
I noticed last night that Rookie (my 9 month old) didn't act like himself. He was just laying around. He hasn't really eaten much since saturday. This morning at work he has thrown up twice. Oh, he also had diarreha (sp?) last night. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I have him on a very strict diet becuase he has allergies. Thank you!

roni

K-9 lover ;)
I don't think there is anyway that he could have eaten something toxic. I did some major cleaning in the kitchen this weekend, but I know that he didn't get into the cleaning solution. Could the smell have effected him? I am really worried about him not eating. He LOVES greenies and he won't eat them either. I am changing vets so maybe I will go ahead and make him an appointment with the new vet. Do you think he needs to go today? I tend to be a little paranoid because after all he is my "baby". BUT...I also don't want to wait until something horrible happens.

josephine

I'd go to the vet right away,sounds really bad...my cousin's dog had all that because he ate something bad...and we took him to the vet right away.The vet gave him a pill and the next day he was fine.

The fumes could have made him sick, especially if you were using something that has an ammonia or bleach base. (I hope you didn't mix the two; that's highly poisonous!)

Since you're going to take him to a new vet, it sounds like this is a good time. You'll feel a lot better knowing what the problem is, or at least knowing it's not serious.

roni

K-9 lover ;)
Good news!! I took Rookie to the new vet yesterday. She was wonderful. He had a elevated temperature and his fecal exam showed a bacterial overgrowth BUT NO gastrointestinal parasites!!! Yeah!!! He is on an antibiotic, acid-reducer and an anti-vomiting tablet. He is 100% improved just by this morning! He is back to eating his food and let's not forget his greenies. He will sit and speak until I finally give him one. I guess I never should have taught him how to speak. :eek:) I am very impressed with his new vet. Needless to say, his records have already been changed. Thanks to all for your advise!

roni

K-9 lover ;)
YES!!! It is great to finally have a vet that I believe in. She even called this afternoon and asked how Rookie was doing. I am very happy!

Saje

Island dweller
Aww. Good news! I want a vet like that. THere are only three in this town. The one we use is very nice and I like how he handles my animals (just the bunny so far). But I don't think he's as up-to-date as I'd like (nutrition/small animals) Nice guy though

Members online

No members online now.