Feds Raid Dog Fighting Facility

What a scum bucket. :mad:

How could he "not know". He admits he visited the property...he just happened to miss the gazillion dogs chained to car axles?

Loser.

Piece of garbage.

Degenerate.

Sick sick sick. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
I don't know what to think about this as to where it will wind up. It has been going on in the news for sometime now. Are they afraid to prosecute him or what gives. I love that now we all get to pick up the cost of something that was such a simple thing to handle. I expected better ??????

Miakoda

When will the media stick to reporting facts & quit throwing in their bogus lies & mumbo jumbo crap? After reading the following statemnets, I can no longer give a flying flip because who knows what the truth is since the following are outright made-up lies?

electric treadmill modified for dogs
--we've got one

Sometimes participants would not feed a dog before the fight to "make it more hungry for the other dog
--you're kidding me, right? If my dogs don't eat for a day, they don't resort to canibalism.

the losing dog, which was sometimes put to death by drowning, strangulation, hanging, gun shot, electrocution or some other method, according to the documents
--Do they have actual evidence of this? Or are they just using "methods to kill the losing dog" information printed out by the HSUS? Either state what you've got facts on, or leave it out.....no need to give ideas out to the future scumbags of America.

following sessions to test whether the dogs would be good fighters,
--If all they found were dead bodies, how do they know the dogs were just rolled for a bit & then killed? Are they psychic? Again, state the facts & only what you've got evidence to back up.

dogs were tethered to car axles with heavy chains that allowed them to get close to each other, but not to have contact, an arrangement typical for fighting dogs
--Hm. My dogs are chained up to where they can't reach each other because most of them are DA & that is the whole point of the setup....so they can't get into tiffs & fights with each other. What would be the purpose of chaining up 2 dogs to where they can physically interact? My dogs aren't fighting dogs & I am not a dogfighter, but yet according to this article I am. :rolleyes: Again, chains don't abuse dogs....they are inanimate object incapable of doing such harm. PEOPLE abuse/neglect dogs.

With that said, I cannot stand Michael Vick. He's a liar & a thief & deserves the punishment for each & every thing he is guilty of.

noludoru

Bored Now.
What a scum bucket. :mad:

How could he "not know". He admits he visited the property...he just happened to miss the gazillion dogs chained to car axles?

Loser.

Piece of garbage.

Degenerate.

Sick sick sick. :mad: :mad:
I've been chastised before for calling human being "trash" but there you go. Can't think of a better word.

I agree with you, Mia :)hail:)... if the REPORTERS know all this **** then why the **** is the scumbag not in jail, and all of his cohorts with him?

EXCELLENT points, Mia . . . the part that gets me is that the State investigators apparently demurred and left it to the Feds. If that had been YOUR property you can count on it that they'd have been there with bells on! *shakes head*

Fifty bucks and a plate of cheese says that Vick walks away from this either completely clean, or at worst pleading out to some lame misdemeanor and a meaningless fine. With cash like his he'll be able to pay off enough guys to take the rap for him and testify that he had no clue what they were up to.

What a scumbag.

Ok, I better put on my flame retardent suit, cause I'm feeling the burn that is about to come! I just want to make it VERY clear that I am very much so anti-dog fights, that I love the bullies, and owned two American Pit Bull Terriers that my ex-husband got in the dividing of the things. So please don't think that I am one of those uneducated zealots that think that all pits are child killers that should be banned when I know from personal experience with my two and my human toddler that that is the furthest from the truth! But moving onto the topic at hand:

I live very close to Surry, and watched Michael and Marcus Vick play high school football. I cheered on both Vicks when they played at Va Tech, given that half the team went to my high school. Almost every day there is a new article in our local paper about this. What that article does not say is that Michael Vick was NOT living at the house, that his cousin was. The police intially found the dogs when they executed a search warrent for drugs. Yes, he might have known what was happening at a house that was THREE states away from where he currently lives. And if he did know that a pit fighting ring was operating and in the very least did nothing about it, then he deserves everything that is coming. But come on, can he really be held responsbile for something that was going on 900 miles from him? And trying to blame him just for owning the house is the same as blaming child abuse in a rented house on the landlord.

Oh, and so that everyone knows, the state DID have a search warrent which they sat on and let time run out because they did not like the wording in the warrent. Which is pretty smart of them, I think so. When dealing with high profile people such as NFL stars that have the resources to hire the best legal counsel, you better be sure that you got all your ducks in a row before you go roaring in there! Which is better, waiting a week and getting a better worded warrent, which the feds did, or getting all your evidence and your entire case thrown out on a technicality?

I totally agree that I am very well biased, I don't like seeing a hometown hero being called a "scumbag" and a "loser" when there is still no PROOF that he even had knowledge what was happening, much less endorsed it.

Lets just be happy that for once, the bullies are getting shown as the proper victims in this crime, and not being shown as cold blooded killers as is so often protrayed.

For something that big, if the State isn't "happy with the wording" they get it changed and a judge signs off on it pronto - unless it's just something the DAs office doesn't want to take a chance on prosecuting themselves for fear of public backlash.

I worked criminal defense for a long, long time . . . There will be all sorts of excuses made as to why the State didn't act, but that's what they are: excuses.

Vick may or may not have known about the dog fighting or the drugs or anything else, and no one will ever know the truth of that one way or another.

I totally agree that I am very well biased, I don't like seeing a hometown hero being called a "scumbag" and a "loser" when there is still no PROOF that he even had knowledge what was happening, much less endorsed it.
Not to pick on you, but this is why guys like Vick will never be held accountable for their actions. On every jury will be at least a couple of people who just don't want to believe bad things about their hero.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that Vick was rumored to have been heavily involved with dogfighting before the discoveries at his home. That's kind of a wild coincidence isn't it? Whispers about Vick being involved with dogfighting and then gee...a big dogfighting operation right there on his property that he knew nothing about that. Imagine!

While I agree that too often we don't want to believe disgusting things about sports figures or other celebs, it's also entirely plausible that the rumors of Vick's involvment with dog fighting came about because of what was going on at the property he owns and that he really wasn't aware of it.

We'll never know for sure . . . It's hard to fathom that someone wouldn't have contacted him to let him know there was something going on that could bite him in the ass if it got made public though.

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
Don't want to believe bad things about your home town hero ?/ Hmmm maybe that was what Johnny Cochran should have used as a defense and saved O.J. some of his money LOL

We'll never know for sure . . .
In a legal sense, you're probably right. But in the court of common sense we'll know. According to the confiscated paperwork "Bad Newz Kennels" operated for FIVE YEARS AT HIS PROPERTY and we're expected to believe that golly gee he just had no idea!

I'm not connected to the legal profession, but my guess is that either he'll plead out to some dramatically reduced charge and an insignificant (for him) fine, or that prosecuters will realize that it'd be futile to try and prosecute because no one will be willing to talk (there's good money in being a hanger-on...no sense slaying the golden goose) and it'll all just fade away.

And either way his "fans" will declare that, see, he was innocent after all.

And Barry Bonds never took steroids. Honest.

Herschel

I live very close to Surry, and watched Michael and Marcus Vick play high school football. I cheered on both Vicks when they played at Va Tech, given that half the team went to my high school. Almost every day there is a new article in our local paper about this.
Maybe you look up to Michael Vick for being a talented athlete, a positive influence on your community, and maybe even your home town hero. But don't get into this, "I grew up with the Vick boys" business trying to protect them.

Let's take a look at little brother Marcus:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/06/AR2006010601017.html

And here's the video of him stepping on another player's knee on purpose:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfMcqB9jwS0

Give me a break. These guys obviously think they're above the law and it's because some people really think they are.

Miakoda

In regards to Micheal Vick, they've (law inforcement) got snitches and informants giving them information. Is it true? We will just have to wait and see.

As for the dogs Micheal Vick had on his website, they were oversized blue monsters that couldn't run 100 ft. much less be fought in a pit/ring. He was just another fad breeder making a couple extra non-taxed thousands of dollars as a hobby (same as Big Boi from Outkast and many other "famous" people).

Do I think he's guilty? I cannot say until I am presented with facts including documents and pictures, but as long as I am fed generic media bias crap I will ignore the whole situation. However, I do find it very odd that he supposedly knew nothing of what would be going on at a home he not only owned, but visited several times.

Sorry, I stick with my prior statement that he is a scumbag. And a loser. Why? Because of how he has reacted to the whole situation. He's mocked it, laughed about it, and basically acted like anyone concerned is a blatant idiot.
And I still don't believe that he could've visited the property (which he's stated he has several times) and not known this was occuring.

Not to mention his behavior on the field. Sorry, not hero material in my eyes.
More like a two year old throwing a tantrum when he doesn't get his way.

Lets just be happy that for once, the bullies are getting shown as the proper victims in this crime, and not being shown as cold blooded killers as is so often protrayed.
Oh yes, I am bouncing with joy that more pit bulls have ended up slaughtered and dumped. Everyone knows pit bulls are victims all too often. Pardon me if I'm not celebrating.

Groch

Gadget Hound
With the indictment Vick, this story, with lots of graphic details about the finding the corpses of dogs killed during or after losing dogs fights, and "rape stands" is now on the front page.

Here is the MSNBC story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19814494/

The Feds at least, think he knew what was happening on his property, and participated.

If he is convicted, I think it will be, and rightly so, the end of his NFL career, at least at the high profile position of starting quarterback. The NFL, like all advertising supported sports is quite concerned about image.

Of course, we will now see what an expensive legal team can do to get him off.

The up side of this sad story is that it will provide more exposure for this insanely cruel "sport".

Members online