Well, this is new...

Lyzelle

Zander seems to have this new, undying obsession with his soft squeaker toys. Typically, he'd line them all up, shake 'em a bit, and tear out the squeakers. And if I threw one, he'd chase it, tug it with me, and just go nuts murdering the thing. Prey drive. It's a wonderful thing.

But now he's crying when the squeak, snuggling them, licking/fleabitting/cleaning them, acting generally concerned...and...well...he's acting like they are puppies. :rofl1: Maybe it's cruel of me, but I am SO amused by this odd turn of behavior. I guess it's because he's an only dog now, and used to a pup or two being in the house every year for the last 7 years...but...wow. And I have tried everything trying to get him to see it's a TOY and not a PUPPY. He isn't buying it. He's pretty convinced it's a puppy. It squeaks, it's fluffy, it's cuddly...it must be a puppy! I wonder what he'd do if he found a bunny in the yard? :rofl1:

I guess it's odd because I'd expect it of a female before a male. He's taking his yearly pupsitting duties a little too seriously. Anyone else dealt with this sorta thing?

Lyzelle

I can probably get video later today. DH was home yesterday, and I'm sure you guys didn't want to hear lots of gaming and yelling in the background. :p

Right now we are in our morning routine. So he's switching back and forth between peeping on neighbors and whining at me to go upstairs.

Members online

No members online now.