Southern blackmouth cur

I have a 3 year old southern black mouth cur. I love this breed. I dont think I would ever own another kind of dog. They are very energentic and loyal. Very protective. We where at the dog park when my cur was 1 and my 3 year old son was attacked by a chesapeak bay ret. My cur came flyin across a football sized feild and Flung the other dog off my son and held him to the ground until the owner could get there. Very impressive! After that he went back to his old self. They are very protective of children. I have read that sometimes they wont even let a parent disapline there kids. I know this from experiance. He has put himself in between me and my son when I was trying to send him to his room.( I couldn't believe it.) They love to run, Swim and play.

They are great hunting dogs. The bitch that I got my pup from hunted cougar and bear. My pup is a great hunting dog. I take him when ever I can

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
HI! You found my first post from nearly a year ago!

Welcome to the board! I believe that you and I are the only blackmouth cur owners here. It sounds like your dog is such a great boy. Pictures would definately be appreciated *hint hint*.

Michigan Cur

I wanted to tell everyone considering the Blackmouth that the breed is fantastic. Wild, hyper, very energetic but also loyal and very intelligent. My cur is named Dasiy, she is 14 months old right now and wieghs about 55 pounds. I have a cat which she likes to play with and seems to get along with all the other dogs in the area. If anyone has questions regarding my experience with this breed please ask any questions you have.

Sush

oh wow, I have been having some MAJOR blonde moments lately...my head is definately somehwere else...I just backtracked, oh, three posts, and found where she said it was her old one *red faced* I've gone crazy posting to keep my mind busy, probably not the best idea...lol...

Members online

No members online now.