Stolen Landseer!

Athebeau

just received this e-mail and am passing it on to all of you.
I can't even begin to imagine how heartsick the owners must feel.
I'm thinking especially that those of you who are Stateside could be on the lookout.
If you have any info, you can contact Marilyn directly at [email protected] , or Lynn at [email protected] .

Thanks all -

From Lynn
Date: 08/31/05 12:54:37

Hi all ... I am not sure if you are on Newf-L, but a recent post explained that a 3 year old neutered Landseer was stolen, along w/ the owner's van, in Middletown, NY.

I told the owner that I would try to contact anyone I could think of that might have suggestions of how to help or who might just be able to "be on the alert" ... I thought BMNC rescue should be aware in case they are contacted by anyone regarding this boy. He IS microchipped and I have his number, if that would be helpful.

This is one of my BIGGEST fears and I can NOT imagine the terrible ordeal this family is going through ... Any suggestions for how to, hopefully, reunite the owner and dog, please let me know other than the usual posters and contacting local vets ...

Saje

Island dweller
That's so sad. All I can say is to get as much publicity as possible. Have it announced on the radio. Put an ad in the paper/try to get them to write a story. Put up flyers. Talk to as many people as possible. You could try this site too. I've never used it but it looks good. http://www.getmehome.ca/

Oh yeah, don't forget about rescues and shelters... make sure they know the dog is missing and to check for microchips. Although Landseers aren't THAT common so they should call you. Check petfinder and places like that too in case another shelter ends up with them.

Good luck!

Athebeau

Thank you Saje I will e-mail the information you gave me to Lynn. This was just e-mailed to me from the head person of the Newfoundland dog club of Atlantic Canada. That's a wonderful idea about the get me home website. I am thinking that the person who stole the van would have dumped the Newf by now. Landseers certainly do stand out in a crowd. I think the only worry is, Newf's are so friendly a new family may take him in and not want to surrender him. :(
I think they have contacted all the vet clinics and rescue and shelters in that area. A microchip is wonderful, my only concern with microchips is not every shelter or vet clinic has the proper one for every brand of microchip which I think is quite silly...unless things have changed recently.
I really hope they get their boy home. I couldn't imagine the grief of losing one of your furbabies.

nicco

Wolfpack
That's so sad...I'm so sorry for that...
Good luck in finding him!!!Think positive it will be ok...
And what Saje said...

Kiss Kiss
nicco

Fran27

They were probably after the van and just left the dog somewhere. I'm sure they will find him soon.

Members online

No members online now.