Lucas hurt his kneee

Herschel

Hope he feels better soon.

If I were you, I wouldn't coddle him too much at all. Just let him do his own thing and don't pay close attention to his leg until you see your vet. I've seen dogs develop psychological limps from hurt legs after they heal.

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Talk to the vet they will know what to do from here. Poor Lucas!!!
Get better so your mom can stop pulling her hair out!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Awwww poor Lucas, I hope he feels better soon! (((((((HUGS))))))))

By the way did he have his T4 test yet?
Yup! It came back normal :)

Uhhh just to hijack a little - you gave him an aspirin? Was it a doggy aspirin? Or did you give him human aspirin? I just panic about this a little because giving human drugs to animals can have very bad, often fatal, side effects.

A basic guide for aspirin states, ` It can be toxic if given in high doses of about 30 mg per pound of the dog. This means that even baby aspirin could be poisonous for dogs weighing two pounds or less. An adult aspirin which is 320 mg. would be toxic for a 10-pound dog. To be sure that you are using the aspirin for the right reason and at the right dose, you should consult your veterinarian first.'

Sorry to jump in with that, I certainly don't mean to undermine your knowledge and I hope you aren't offended - but it just rings alarm bells...
Believe me I wouldn't give him anything that was harmful to him. Not only is it the appropriate aspirin for him, it's the appropriate amount as It's been recommended by my vet.

Aww, poor Lucas.. I'll be hoping for the very best. He could have slipped, it could be a luxating patella, he could have strained a muscle, anything. We'll be waiting for an update! I hope it's nothing serious. Give him a hug for me.
Thanks :) I'm calling the vet's right as soon as I can find the number *arg*

Hope he feels better soon.

If I were you, I wouldn't coddle him too much at all. Just let him do his own thing and don't pay close attention to his leg until you see your vet. I've seen dogs develop psychological limps from hurt legs after they heal.
I don't coddle him. Just because I feel bad about it and I talk about it on here doesn't mean I'm over with him and cuddling or babying him all day ;) Really, I feel horrible he's hurt, but after checking it out I don't usually stay and coddle him or really say anything else to him. I just keep an eye on him and take him to the vets if needed.

Talk to the vet they will know what to do from here. Poor Lucas!!!
Get better so your mom can stop pulling her hair out!
He really does! I've almost run out of hair!!! :yikes: lol

Members online

No members online now.