I Got A Brown Stick Dog Puppy (Mal)

Aleron

I have been hearing that someone fairly local had a litter of Belgian Sheepdogs they couldn't find homes for and were threatening to send to the pound. But try as I might, couldn't come up with any contact info. I've been keeping an eye on CL though and saw this guy listed yesterday, already being rehomed by the person who got him from the breeder. After asking this pup's former owner for info, I was able to track down more info about the litter. And of course I went and got the Baby Stick Dog!

Baby Stick Dog is 14 weeks old. His name was Nico but that is a bit too common for my liking. Jeff suggested calling him Neato which makes me LOL He was pretty anti-social when we met him but fairly quickly decided he liked me a lot once I got him home. He is ok with Jeff and met my mother without any issues. He definitely is going to need some work on strangers approaching him. He is afraid of other dogs too, although he's ok with dogs who ignore him. Savvy and him played a lot through the fence but Savvy is too overwhelming to turn loose with him. Savvy is very disappointed because he wants this pup to be his friend really, really bad. Pup seems to have good environmental confidence overall willing to climb up and down stuff, follows me around pretty readily and does not seem to be sound sensitive. He loves food but so far won't play with toys (he's a little more interested this morning, thinking maybe no one has played with toys with him before?) He is from working lines, his sire's breeder is pretty involved in SchH and has sold quite a lot of dogs to police departments and his mother is from a local police dog breeder/trainer. I asked his former owner if he's ever been around Belgians before and he said "No but I had a shepherd as a kid". He didn't even get the breeder's name but was able to give me her son's number (but not name) so I could try to get shot records (which he didn't get with the puppy). I don't think he had the puppy very long at all, I'm guessing under a week. I'm hoping with a better environment, exposure and some training his social skills can improve. He is a foster for me, as I really can't have another young dog right now.

So here he is:

His very best dorky boy look...

Aleron

Thank god thats not a female....

LOL

What a cutie and thank you so much for fostering him! I love his "not sure what to do yet" ears.
His ears crack me up!

His sister is still available. I think a friend of mine is going to try to get her to foster. Or I could just send her to you ;)

Malin-WANT!
Okay, not really, I'm not that up for that much crazy in a dog (yet), but he sure is stinking cute!

Members online

No members online now.