Wisdom teeth surgery tomorrow

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I'm getting my wisdom teeth on my right side taken out tomorrow morning. The top is impacted and the bottom is the partially impacted one I've been having a lot of trouble with.

Hopefully it will be quick so I can go home and sleep

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Don't take a pill thinking you can make it downstairs and back up to your bed before falling asleep. I didn't. I fell asleep on the stairs.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Hahahaha I fell asleep on the stairs once because I took benedryl.
Luckily my mother inlaw is taking me to and from and she will make sure I don't fall asleep anywhere I shouldn't.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Good luck. I freaked out over my surgery over nothing lol

All I remember was them placing the needle and talking to me about owls and then I was out light a light. Woke up after the surgery HIGH AS A KITE, took a pain pill..fell asleep

The only issue I had was chipmunk cheeks for 3 days, but after that.. plenty of pain pills left over and those were always fun lol

ICE PACKS ICE PACKS ICE PACKS! :D My dentists gave me some great freezable jelly ones but some places don't so have em ready, your cheeks will feel a bit sore

Oh and milkshakes lol yum

B

Backward_Cinderella

I hope you have as good of luck with them as I did... very little pain, no issues, back in school the next day, they never got infected post op or anything, and I never needed any of the medication they prescribed me postop.. I would NOT go back and change having them out for the world, the pain of the surgery was MUCH less than the pain of them being there all day every day making my life hell.
So.... easy surgery / quick recovery }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}VIBES{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ for you!!!
NO DRINKING OUT OF STRAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miakoda

No straws!!

I'll say a prayer for you in the morning. I'm sure all will go smoothly. :)

I only took a single pain pill after my surgery. I was back to playing soccer the next day.

B

Backward_Cinderella

No straws!!

I'll say a prayer for you in the morning. I'm sure all will go smoothly. :)

I only took a single pain pill after my surgery. I was back to playing soccer the next day.
So glad I'm not the only freak-o! Everyone looks at me like I'm bonkers when I tell them it was too freaking easy!

LindaJD

My daughter had all 4 of hers out last year, she had no problems, we didn't even fill the oxycontin prescription. I had a few words to the surgeon about even prescribing that to a 19 year old girl. She took tylenol for the rest of the day and was fine. I had mine out at 19 too and while I didn't have much pain, my face was pretty swollen.
Good Luck and I hope it is an easy time for you.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
GOOD LUCK! And sending you quick recovery ***VIBES***

Ah, the day my wisdom teeth came out... I do not remember much but it was so awesome lol.
They gave me a pill a week before my surgery (I was living almost in Atlanta at this time and dad & I had to drive alllllllll the way to Valdosta, GA, about 4 hours south of ATL). I took my pill an hour before my surgery, 30 mins after I took it, they called me to the back room. A tiny tiny tiny nurse walked me back there, I feel on her walking through the hallway cause my legs went numb from the pill LOL poor lady. I FOUGHT my pill (DO NOT DO THIS lol) for almost 20 mins, they gave me a shot to help me sleep, I FOUGHT that to (DO NOT DO THIS LOL), 30 mins later I was not asleep, I got laughing gas. They said count back from 10, I made it to 8 and was out like a light.
I do not remember my surgery, I do not remember leaving (dad said they had to take me to the truck in a wheel chair cause I couldn't walk), the only thing I remember on the way home from the dentist was that I asked dad for a cheeseburger, he called my dentist, they said it was fine as long as there was no ketchup or spicy/tangy things on the burger. So I got a cheese burger with mayo and pickles. Dad tore it into small pieces for me. Then that was it. Dad said I ate the whole burger, but don't remember it.
I don't remember anything until the following NIGHT (my surgery was at 8am the previous morning, we were out of there by around 10am).
All I gotta say is, the meds were awesome and I was high as h3ll for about 3 days lol

4 days later, I went back to Wendy's and got that mayo & pickle burger, it was SOOOOO yummy lol

ETA: I had FIVE wisdom teeth and got them all removed that day. Yea, I'm a badass :p

Barb04

Super Moderator
I had lots of milkshakes since I had all 4 taken out at the same time. You could also have some protein shakes.

Members online

No members online now.